Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Fats and Bad Fats

Circuitboy

So I can know more, would anyone give me some food examples on both sides..

good fats foods:

bad fats foods:

Thanks guys!

Generally, animal fats should be limited to lean meat and maybe a small amount of dairy.

Good fats: peanuts/peanut butter, flax oil, vegetable oil.

Check out Fitday for more info.

Good oils: flax (of course), safflower, sunflower, and olive.

Also, the fats in peanut butter and soy nuts. And fish oils.

Bad: anything else, I think.

Can someone offer an opinion on canola? It is low sat-fat, but I don't think there's any health benefit to it. It's in a lot of things--since it's associated with "diet" foods.

Good fats=anything occuring naturally in a "traditional" human diets including fresh, lean game, fish, nuts seeds etc....

Bad fats=anything not present in ancestral diets including hormonally fattened and antibiotic treated fat live stock, or anything in excess for prolonged periods!!

buksoon said:
Can someone offer an opinion on canola? It is low sat-fat, but I don't think there's any health benefit to it. It's in a lot of things--since it's associated with "diet" foods.

Buk - I use a canola oil mayo with my tuna. From what I'm told, it's considered a "good" fat.

Stryc, I'm calling you out baby! Great link, and great info on these various threads!

How about "cocoa butter"? My protein bars boast: "No trans-fatty acids!" but cocoa butter is prominent in the ingredients. Do you think that is just as bad??

Top Bottom