Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good drinks besides water?

I still drink skim milk (usually with oatmeal) and currently down to 7 BF%.

It's low on carbs/kcals, has some protein, I dont see the problem?

Ellaborate plz :)

Skim milk is low in carbs relative to some other food/beverage choices available, but the carbs in milk are high-GI carbs (they come from sugars). I didn't know this 2 months ago but from reading this board I've learned that the only time of day you want to consume high-GI carbs--especially if you want to cut or maintain low BF--is immediately after your workout. Right now I have a cup of skim milk with my whey isolate post-weights, and in the morning I have a cup of fat-free yogurt after my run. Other than that I try to only consume low-GI carbs (oatmeal is fantastic!). Hope that helps :)

Is splenda a good substitute for sugar taste-wise? I was considering buying some but just wondering if it will taste similar. One of my biggest changes now that I'm lifting is going to be changing my sugar intake. I'm a sugar freak!

Spenda is the bomb! I HATE equal & sweet n low cuz of the funny taste. Splenda doesn't have it. I only needed 3/4 cup of it to sweeten my kool aid lemonade.

land0220 said:
Skim milk is low in carbs relative to some other food/beverage choices available, but the carbs in milk are high-GI carbs (they come from sugars). I didn't know this 2 months ago but from reading this board I've learned that the only time of day you want to consume high-GI carbs--especially if you want to cut or maintain low BF--is immediately after your workout. Right now I have a cup of skim milk with my whey isolate post-weights, and in the morning I have a cup of fat-free yogurt after my run. Other than that I try to only consume low-GI carbs (oatmeal is fantastic!). Hope that helps :)

milk is definitely NOT high GI. Lactose is a slowly processed sugar and as long as your body can handle is well.... drink away. Dairy is also a proficient fat loss agent. In a study, a male group who consumed dairy lost 33% more bf - the female dairy group lost over 100% more body fat!!

Top Bottom