Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Cutting Diet?

jugarelly

What type of diet(s) have worked for you when cutting?

Here's my story:

I'm a hard gainer that worked my butt off in 2008 to get big. I'm 6'1" and 32 years old. I started off at about 155lbs in Feb of 2008 and got up close to 200lbs around Feb of 2009. When I was at my biggest I still wasn't as cut as I wanted to be. I was still lean, but I didn't have those 6 pack abs I remember from back in high school. Since then, life happened, my workouts have been less frequent, my diet wasn't clean, and I shrunk back down to just under 170lbs. I still am at a higher bf% than I want to be, so while I'm small and don't have as much muscle to lose, I want to get as lean as possible before I start bulking up again so that I'll have a more cut look this time around.

I'm doing cardio in the mornings, and have a pretty basic workout to try to maintain my strength. I have to problem sticking to a clean diet, but I'm trying to figure out the best macros breakdown for my goal which is to get under 10% bf. Since I'm not concerned with losing muscle right now, I plan on doing a calorie deficit for a month or so.

Any advice or positive experiences in the past with specific programs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn. You should try to preserve as much as possible.

What does your diet consist of now? I usually consume 180g protein, 100-150g carbs, and maybe 100g fat and I'm about your weight at 8% bf or so. Lean meat, eggs, and veggies only.

You could always try a keto diet and see how that works for you. Very effective, but can be difficult to maintain.

I saw Future's post about a keto diet recently and have been considering it. Over the past week, I've been keeping my calories pretty low.

For example, I've been somewhere around 1,700 calories - about 45% protein, 30% carbs and 25% fat

Top Bottom