Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going hypo when you don't get enough to eat?

Lift Chief

Hey i sometimes feel like i'm going hypo when i don't get enough to eat for even just a little while.

I get shaky- cold sweats in severe cases- and feel lightheaded and all that.

I was just wondering if this can tell you anything about my insulin sensitivity?
If to lose weight i would be better limiting carbs or if i should always have enough?

I am just curious as this is not a common thing-

As this has to do with insulin levels i wonder if it has any sort of implications.

It is a very common thing if you are on a low carbohydrate diet...considering that your brain uses glucose as its primary fuel source. Plus when you are in a good groove training with weights and doing cardio, you become very efficient machine and you need to constantly fuel your body with the proper nutrients. You will utilize nutrients very quick. You may have rebound hypoglycemia.....buts its hard to tell with the info given. Make sure and take in low GI carbs balanced with protein, fat and fiber. Hope this gave you some info....

Ryan

Lift Chief said:
Hey i sometimes feel like i'm going hypo when i don't get enough to eat for even just a little while.

I get shaky- cold sweats in severe cases- and feel lightheaded and all that.

I was just wondering if this can tell you anything about my insulin sensitivity?
If to lose weight i would be better limiting carbs or if i should always have enough?

I am just curious as this is not a common thing-

As this has to do with insulin levels i wonder if it has any sort of implications.

You're just hypoglycemic, which is actually (for most at least) a sign that your insulin (relased) works well. Probably fairly good insulin sensitiviy, plus all the symptoms are common to low carb diets no matter who you are.

Mr.X

Cool thanks mr.x and muscle dm... i'm not on a low carb diet- but more of a moderate carb one.

Good to know it's probably an indication of fairly good insulin sensitivity... i thought it meant something :p

i know that if i dont eat every 2-3hrs i feel nauseus and weak...just make sure you eat regularly

Top Bottom