x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Girl diet, similar to guy diet? Planning a restricted carb diet.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Girl diet, similar to guy diet? Planning a restricted carb diet. within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: My question is that my girlfriend wants to diet with me during my cutting cycle. I'm trying to figure out the best ratio etc for her. I figure that she'll not be able to eat as much protein nor will she need as much because she won't be lifting to the extent that I will. I have her on a HIIT cardio program as well and she did it for the first time today and enjoyed it. Anyway how many calories should she need? She's 130 pounds and 5'8". She'd like to be 120 or just under. She's 21 years

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder

Girl diet, similar to guy diet? Planning a restricted carb diet.

My question is that my girlfriend wants to diet with me during my cutting cycle. I'm trying to figure out the best ratio etc for her. I figure that she'll not be able to eat as much protein nor will she need as much because she won't be lifting to the extent that I will. I have her on a HIIT cardio program as well and she did it for the first time today and enjoyed it. Anyway how many calories should she need? She's 130 pounds and 5'8". She'd like to be 120 or just under. She's 21 years old. We calculated her BMR to be around 1800 or 2000 can't remember for certain, so where should she be to drop weight and what ratio's on protein/fat/carbs?

Set her at 1g of protein per pound of body weight - and around 25-30% of total calories from fat (EFA's)....and the ratios won't matter all that much - as long as she is eating below maintenance - somewhere around 500 cals below should do it....

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Stryc-9 that's exactly the amounts I was thinking, I guess I'm getting better at this diet planning thing even when it's not for myself. Anyway I planned 40Fat/30Carb/30Protein ratio. The only problem that I've come across is getting her to understand that the high amount of fat (just 70 grams based on her ratio and caloric need) is not bad as long as it's good fats, but try explaining to a girl that fat can ever be a good thing. Any articles written for a girl that could help me make my case?

It's awful how so many people believe that fat makes you fat...

Have her read these articles:

Getting Thin on Fats

Fat: Why You Need It

Re: Girl diet, similar to guy diet? Planning a restricted carb diet.

Carb nite diet is really working for myself and fiance
    Lost a lot weight
    Give it some reading

Re: Girl diet, similar to guy diet? Planning a restricted carb diet.

girls body is different as compare boys body. and its no nessesory that you eat what ever you count always fat, celery etc. just take diet food and doing some aerobic and cardio it will definitely her to loss you gf weight.