Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Get the best out of your diet,Eat food you like,Reach new goals, and more with Anabol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: needto's meal of the week thread.

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

3-4 tilapia fillets, depending on size
1/4 cup breadcrumbs or crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt
pepper
garlic powder
olive oil

Thaw and wash tilapia fillets if frozen. Pat dry on paper towels.
Combine crumbs, parmesan, italian seasoning and garlic powder on a plate, mixing well.
On a different plate, pour 1 tbsp lemon juice.Working 1 at a time, place a fillet on the plate in the lemon juice, sprinkle with desired amount of kosher salt (be careful about how much salt is in your parmesan, crumbs, and other seasonings), black pepper, and garlic powder. Turn the fillet over in the lemon juice and sprinkle seasoning on the other side.
Dredge fillet in the parmesan mixture patting it all over to coat.
Place in an oiled baking dish, repeat with remaining fillets.
Sprinkle a little lemon juice over fillets and drizzle or spray them lightly with olive oil.
Bake at 425ºF for about 20 minutes or until they easily flake with a fork and edges are browning (you can sprinkle some more parmesan on top if desired). You can also bake these faster at 450ºF

I had no idea this was here, Damn N2, this is a cool thread!
I asked a question over in C&C and they moved it here.
What are you favorite spices, i.e. Mrs. Dash, the Tony's line, etc. and what do you fix that is quick. I like the gormet stuff you have here, but I don't have half the stuff you need. Give me some suggestions, for "regular" food. I'm tired of the same ol' baked chicken, grilled chicken, Lawrey's season salt, lemon pepper, etc.
Cool?
Tx

txbondsman said:
I had no idea this was here, Damn N2, this is a cool thread!
I asked a question over in C&C and they moved it here.
What are you favorite spices, i.e. Mrs. Dash, the Tony's line, etc. and what do you fix that is quick. I like the gormet stuff you have here, but I don't have half the stuff you need. Give me some suggestions, for "regular" food. I'm tired of the same ol' baked chicken, grilled chicken, Lawrey's season salt, lemon pepper, etc.
Cool?
Tx
ya think I will add some more today....if any one has any thing good feel free to throw it up we can all use it.

Oatmeal Brown Bread

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup corn meal
1 cup molasses
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups hot water

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into two clean, well buttered coffee cans.
Cover each can with a piece of waxed paper, secured in place with a rubber band. Place cans into a large pot with a cover. Fill pot with about 1- 2 inches of water. Steam over medium heat for about 1 hour or until breads are cooked through. (A knife inserted in the center comes out clean.) Check water during steaming to be sure it doesn't all boil out. Makes 2 breads, about 6 servings each. Each serving (1 slice) provides: 130 calories
Approximate Exchanges are: 1 bread

cut and past....good for high calorie diets
use butter made from flax seed oil to.

Seared Tuna
4 medium , Tuna Steaks
1 large , Lime Zest and Juice
2 teaspoon(s) , Thyme Leaves
1/2 teaspoon(s) , Pepper
1/4 teaspoon(s) , Salt
1/2 cup(s) , Olive Oil
Rinse the tuna steaks and pat dry with paper towels. Grate the zest from the lime (you should have about 1 1/2 teaspoons), then squeeze the juice and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine lime zest, thyme, pepper and salt; stir to mix. Lightly rub both sides of the tuna steaks with olive oil. Rub the seasoning mix on the tuna steaks; coating them well.
Using a heavy bottomed sauté pan or a cast-iron pan, warm the olive oil. Increase the heat to high and place the tuna in the pan. Sear for 1 minute, then turn over carefully, reducing the heat to medium. Sear the other side for 1 more minute until medium rare. (Do not overcook the tuna or the meat will become dry and lose its flavor.) Pour the lime juice over the tuna steaks right after you take them from the stove, then serve.

Grilled Tuna
1 lb tuna fillets or steaks; 3/4-1 thick
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup saki or dry sherry
3 slice fresh ginger root or
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 olive or salad oil
1 papaya
2 teaspoon crystallized ginger; finely chopped
1 green bell pepper; julienned

In a 2-quart saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar, sake and fresh ginger slices. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissalved, then boil until reduced to 1/3 cup. Discard ginger slices and keep sauce warm. Rinse the tuna steaks (which has been cut into 4 equal portions), pat dry and brush lightly with oil. Place tuna steaks on grill about 6 inches above a solid bed of hot coals. Cook, turning once, just until browned on outside but still pale pink in center; cut to test (3-4 minutes). To serve, place each piese of tuna on a plate. Arrange 3 pappaya slices on top of each piece of tuna fish; then top each serving equally with soy-ginger sauce and candied ginger. Garnish with julienned bell peppers.

Stuffed Zucchini

2 6 oz. zucchini

1/3 C. finely chopped roasted peppers

1/2 C. finely chopped feta cheese

1/8 t. dried oregano

freshly ground black pepper

Cut zucchini into 3/4 inch crosswise sections. Scoop out the center with a ice cream scooper or a spoon. Do not go all the way through, you are forming a cavity for the center.

In a steamer set over simmering water steam the zucchini shells, covered, 4 minutes, or until barely tender but still bright green. Transfer shells to a paper towel towel and drain upside down.

Stir together the roasted pepper, feta cheese, oregano and pepper. in a small bowl. Mound a small amount in each shell. Arrange zucchini's in a lightly oiled, shallow ovenproof dish and broil about 4 inches from the heat until bubbling and beginning to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.

Tuscan bean stew
For the croutons
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, quartered
1 slice whole-grain bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

2 cups dried cannellini or other white beans, picked over and rinsed, soaked overnight, and drained
6 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 6 sprigs
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or broth

To make the croutons, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes to infuse the garlic flavor into the oil. Remove the garlic pieces and discard. Return the pan to medium heat. Add the bread cubes and saute, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.

In a soup pot over high heat, combine the white beans, water, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover partially and simmer until the beans are tender, 60 to 75 minutes. Drain the beans, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Discard the bay leaf. Place the cooked beans into a large bowl and save the cooking pot for later use.

In a small bowl, combine the reserved cooking liquid and 1/2 cup of the cooked beans. Mash with a fork to form a paste. Stir the bean paste into the cooked beans.

Return the cooking pot to the stove top and add the olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and carrots and saute until the carrots are tender-crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper, chopped rosemary, bean mixture and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the stew is heated through, about 5 minutes.

fresh healthy spring time meal.

You can come over my house and cook for me anytime. These are good, I'm going to prinjt this out.

SLAYER69! said:
You can come over my house and cook for me anytime. These are good, I'm going to prinjt this out.
np bro I try to keep it to just healthy,protein packed meals,or at least some thing that has some value to working out and stating in shape...every now and then ill throw a cheat meal in there.lol

I will be adding to this thread tonight or very soon.I am braking out my new summer menu
and will post some of my new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom