Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gatorade / Powerade powder POST WORKOUT ??

TheBigDog

Is it ok to use Gatorate / Powderade as a post workout high GI carb drink?

I know that Grape Juice is also widely used. Is there a special kind that's most effective? brand?

THX in advance.

Ideal carb choices for postworkout are dextrose or maltodextrin or a mix of both.

Gatorade powder should work well, but i believe it contains high fructose corn syrup as most of its carbs, which isnt very efficient at restoring muscle glycogen.

ok, I am don't have that much $$ and I spent them on my Whey already. I would like to be able to use some cheaper means. So if Powerade / Gatorade is not the best bet, is GRAPE JUICE the best "non-supplement" alternative? If so, is there a particular kind to get? Please advice.

Dextrose is MUCH MUCH cheaper then Gatorade. A pound of the stuff costs less then a dollar. Check out your local health food store, they should sell the stuff.

Haz said:
Dextrose is MUCH MUCH cheaper then Gatorade. A pound of the stuff costs less then a dollar. Check out your local health food store, they should sell the stuff.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge, can you find Dextrose in the Grocery stores?

THank you.

I don't think I've seen dextrose at the grocery store. Health food stores always carry the stuff. I'm not talking about places like GNC though. You need to go to a real health store, the kind that is usually run by a bunch of hippies and sells tons of organic shit. They are all over the place here in california.

Otherwise just order some online. It might be a bit more expensive, but it'll still be relatively cheap.

I called my local health food store (NOT GNC) and they don't carry it. WHAT A POS store. :( Well, I guess I will finish up my Powerade and then I am gonna start using TANG until I find a store that carries them.

If I were to order online (Dextrose), any recommended places?

THanks.

Top Bottom