Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gained 26 pounds in one month. now time for a new diet. help

MadMetal

During the summer I decided to lose weight by doing a lot of cardio which I wasn't getting any weaker in the gym with the weights, but for a long period of time I was unable to lift anything heavier which the reason is quite obvious. After losing 15 pounds of b/f and jogging 4 miles per day, it was expected I wasn't going to get any stronger in the gym. However I went on vacation for 10 days to Mexico and planned a diet for myself by laying off the cardio and eating 2.... maybe 3 times more per day. Throughout the process I was taking Nitrobol pills (look it up on Google).

Here WAS my diet prior to October 15th:

BREAKFAST:
1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
One piece of fruit
2 pieces of wheat bread

MID-MORNING
V-60 Protein shake

LUNCH:
Chicken Breast sandwich on wheat bread
Piece of fruit
fist sized of salad

MID-NOON:
Piece of fruit

DINNER:
Chicken breast
Baked Potato
Fist sized of salad

MID-EVENING:
Piece of fruit
V-60 Protein drink

October 16th I went on a new diet that would require me to eat much more. Here is my diet from the 16th - November 22nd. Let me say I got great results from this diet and by laying off the cardio

BREAKFAST:
1 cup of oatmeal
3 white eggs
2 full eggs

MEAL 2:
Can of Tuna fish in oil
1 cup of Oatmeal

MEAL 3:
2 scoops Whey protein drink w/1% milk
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts

MEAL 4:
Chicken Breast
Peanutbutter sandwich on wheat bread

MEAL 5:
Can of Tuna fish in oil
1 cup of Oatmeal
1 baked potato

MEAL 6:
Fish fillet
Baked potato

MEAL 7:
2 scoops Whey Protein w/1% milk

MEAL 8:
Chicken breast
bowl of lettuce w/Caesar dressing
Peanuts
Cottage Cheese

Also a couple times per week I may eat an entire frozen pizza seeing how small those $2 things are.

After following that diet for over a month, I gained 26 pounds. I went from 144 to 170. I'm now benching 25 pounds more than I did last month, but at the same time I'm taking Nitrobol pills (Google it if you don't know what they are) but now I am about to go on a different diet but wondering if it's good for my goal; to keep building muscle.

Here is the new diet I'm considering

MEAL 1:
Bagel with cream cheese
2 scoops of Whey protein with 1% milk
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts

MEAL 2:
2 cups of oatmeal
Chicken breast
2 white eggs

MEAL 3:
1 can of tuna fish in oil
4 pieces of wheat bread
1 baked potato

MEAL 4:
Small bowl of low fat Cottage cheese
1 cup of pasta

MEAL 5:
Ground beef
Bowl of brown rice
1 cup of peanuts

MEAL 6:
2 scoops of Whey protein w/1% milk

MEAL 7:
2 bannanas
bowl of applesauce
1 cup of Whey protein with water

MEAL 8:
Fish fillet
Low fat cottage cheese
bowl of lettuce
Cup of peanuts

Thoughts on the new diet I planned? Any modifications I should make?

MEAL 1:
Bagel with cream cheese Not so sure about this......................how about oatmeal2 scoops of Whey protein with 1% milk
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts (this is a HUGE amount of calories and fat, not necessary)

MEAL 2:
2 cups of oatmeal (again have you worked out how many calories are in 2 cups of oatmeal..........)
Chicken breast What quantity of chicken breast, they can vary significantly
2 white eggs

MEAL 3:
1 can of tuna fish in oil
4 pieces of wheat bread (I would not eat the bread and add in veggies)
1 baked potato

MEAL 4:
Small bowl of low fat Cottage cheese (add veggies)
1 cup of pasta

MEAL 5:
Ground beef -what percentage of fat is this?
Bowl of brown rice
1 cup of peanuts

MEAL 6:
2 scoops of Whey protein w/1% milk (is this pre or post workout?)

MEAL 7:
2 bannanas
bowl of applesauce
1 cup of Whey protein with water (see above)

MEAL 8:
Fish fillet
Low fat cottage cheese
bowl of lettuce
Cup of peanuts (I would try some other nut, such as almonds, walnuts, brazils...........are the peanuts raw or roasted and processed in some way?)

I think the issue in your diet has a lot to do with portion size.

Just because you are eating 'healthy' foods, you can get fat eating too much 'healthy' food.

What are your current stats?

How tall, how much do you weigh, bodyfat, age etc? Still 170 lbs?

Your goals are to build muscle...................is this a bulking diet?

Tatyana said:
I think the issue in your diet has a lot to do with portion size.

Just because you are eating 'healthy' foods, you can get fat eating too much 'healthy' food.

What are your current stats?

How tall, how much do you weigh, bodyfat, age etc? Still 170 lbs?

Your goals are to build muscle...................is this a bulking diet?

Yeah this is a bulking diet. I'm 5'10 and now 172 pounds, 19 years old and about 14% bf.

Thanks for the advice

actually i wish i could pull that much food off i dont have time to eat that and im guessing ur in college how much are u lifting on your lifts im curious because im 5 10" 176 and im 17

LB55 said:
actually i wish i could pull that much food off i dont have time to eat that and im guessing ur in college how much are u lifting on your lifts im curious because im 5 10" 176 and im 17
Yeah I have a lot of time in my hands which is a good thing I guess.

I don't bench all that much. October 16th, 2007 when I was only 144 pounds I benched 145 pounds and over one month later... I am now benching 170 pounds which my goal is to go up to 175 this week. Back in October 16th, 2007 I was military pressing 100 pounds which this week I went up to 120 pounds. Back in October I was squatting 210 pounds which now I am squatting 240.

I actually hate eating so much seeing over a month ago I wouldn't eat much at all. It seems as if the more I eat the more I lift but I can't eat any more than I currently do. I also take Nitrobol pills... 15 after working on each muscle part and 10 pills prior to going to sleep on training days. http://www.trulyhuge.com/nitrobol.htm which I also credit the pills for my fast muscle growth throughout the past month.

Top Bottom