Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To gain or not to gain muscles, high GI carbs

MrRTTB

Some eat baked potatoes as for carbs as meals with high protein and so on. But baked potatoes are pretty high GI carbs and lots of people give advice not to eat them except post workout, even if the main goal are to gain muscles. I eat lots of rice, parboiled rice. They are a little lower in GI than jasmine and basmati, but I often eat the rice a bit "overdone", the GI will increase with this.
anyway, if someones goals are to gain muscle mass would it be that bad to eat medium to high GI carbs? I mean this must be good when it comes to insulin.

The nice thing about high GI carbs are I get hungry much faster and therefor can eat more. If I eat fibers all day long I wont get the same hunger and cals might be too low during the day to gain mass.

Anyway, what would you suggest for musclegains, low GI carbs, medium or high?

Some eat baked potatoes as for carbs as meals with high protein and so on. But baked potatoes are pretty high GI carbs and lots of people give advice not to eat them except post workout, even if the main goal are to gain muscles. I eat lots of rice, parboiled rice. They are a little lower in GI than jasmine and basmati, but I often eat the rice a bit "overdone", the GI will increase with this.
If you OVERboil the rice, it will actually become HIGHER on the GI scale because of the outer shell breakdown
anyway, if someones goals are to gain muscle mass would it be that bad to eat medium to high GI carbs? I mean this must be good when it comes to insulin.
This is a fine way to gain mass, a clean way that's for sure

The nice thing about high GI carbs are I get hungry much faster and therefor can eat more. If I eat fibers all day long I wont get the same hunger and cals might be too low during the day to gain mass.

Anyway, what would you suggest for musclegains, low GI carbs, medium or high?
I would suggest a combination of the 3, remember everything has it's place and time. Post workout, HIGH GI. In the morning - Medium GI. In the afternoon, Low-gi.

Mr.X

Top Bottom