Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gain/maintain muscle and lose fat/ same time

alex2678

In the ppast year I've managed to gain about 50 pounds (30 lbs. of muscle and about 20 lbs. of fat/water) This was mostly as a result of increasing my calories from 1200-2000 a day (which was recommended by the old Met-rx manual) to 5000-6000 calories a day. Ever since, my strength goes up every workout which usually translates into bigger muscles. There is a direct correlation between size and stength in my opinion.
Anyways, I really want to keep gaining muscle by training heavy and consuming higher calories, but those extra 20 lbs. that I gained are starting to worry me. My abs are a bit smooth and my cheeks are not as "hollow" as they were before. Would it be better to just keep trying to gain more muscle now and diet later; or should I get rid of this fat first? Also, is possible to gain or maintain muscle on a reduced calorie diet? I don't want to lose any of the muscle that I just gained. Thanks for any help.
Alex.

Were you eating 5000-6000 clean calories a day or was it 5000-6000 of a mixture of clean and anything?

mcr said:
Were you eating 5000-6000 clean calories a day or was it 5000-6000 of a mixture of clean and anything?

It was actually just 5000-6000 calories of low fat high carb, medium protein. My protein intake wasn't even that hight suprisingly; and I still managed to double or triple the weight that I use in some exercises. For me it seems that its just the total amount of calories that matters. I remember last year I tried to gain size/strength by taking in 800-1000 grams of protein a day for a few weeks along with very little carbs or fats. I didn't gain a pound and my strength basically stayed the same. If I burn more calories than I eat its almost impossible for me to get stronger. That's why I'm kinda hesitant about dieting to lose some of the fat that I gained. It would be just my luck to lose all of the new muscle that i just put on!
Alex

Top Bottom