Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fully cooked eggs or not fully cooked?

Krue

Is there any difference regarding the calories and fats when you cook the eggs completely, or leave them semi-liquid? I really like the second way, but if it is not as healthy as completely cooked eggs, I will go over to the cooked ones. Thanks

No, there will barely be any difference at all, so you can cook them as you like. They are not like potatoes or paste, whose glycemic index changes depending on how cooked they are. Eggs will have the same nutritional value regardless if they are completely boiled down, or not entirely. Even if there will be any difference, I don't thing it will be meaningful.

this is something that dr gerry taught me on a prior podcast.

you cook an egg too much it actually becomes bad cholesterol, you undercook it and it is good cholesterol.

BUT you must get quality eggs.. if you get caged chicken eggs they are going to have diseases like salmonella, so you cannot undercook them for health benefits

so when you buy eggs you look for pastured eggs WITH the humane friendly sticker on them. that tells you that those chickens were inspected and passed and they are not stuck in cages.. they are out there pecking and eating bugs etc like they are supposed to do

oh, wow - that is unexpected. Why do people then cook them completely? they are tastier liquid, and they are healthier that way too! Two rabbits with one stone!

It is just much easier to cook them completely, and not everyone digs the taste of the semiliquids.

oh, wow - that is unexpected. Why do people then cook them completely? they are tastier liquid, and they are healthier that way too! Two rabbits with one stone!

i told you why in my post above

most eggs and 100% of eggs at restaurants are cheap eggs and contain bacteria so you need to cook them. you never eat eggs at a restaurant undercooked! plus it is unsanitary anyway. you think the people cooking your food back there care?

The main reason is convenience. It's very easy to pack hard boiled eggs in your lunch box, backpack etc.

Also, most people prefer the taste of cooked eggs. When you go to a diner, 99.999% of people ask for the eggs well done. Very few people like the taste of runny egg yolks

Top Bottom