Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fruits/veggies=carb? ; give or take how many cals? ; near passed out w/ mornin cardio

dEgeNeRaTe8211

Hello everyone!

Well I was first wondering if anyone would like to post a suggestive list of 5 to 10 of the best veggies to eat. I know that brocoli is great. I did think cauliflower was good and fibrous until I realized its color and compared it to people saying that green veggies are best. Here is a list of veggies I could add to my diet: spinach, corn, cabbage, peas, carrots, celery, artichoke.

I also would appreciate it if you could post a list of fruits as well. I'd like input on the more common fruits: apples, oranges, grapes, straw/rasp/blue berries, cherries, bananas, peaches, melon, cantelope.

Do fruits have any more nutritional value than veggies? -or visa versa-

I wanted to know if fruits and vegetables were considered carbs. Like if I need some carbs and I usually eat a slice of bread or something...could I have some salad or something if I dont feel like having bread?
My mom is really starting to bitch at me about my lack of fruits and vegetables. But I say, "I already had enough carbs today tho." She says, "Have some brocoli! Vegetables arent carbs...they're their own food group!" So I was wondering if I should cut out some of my other carbs if my mom is gonna make me have my vegetables (I feel like I'm 5).

On a totally different subject now...
I'm not sure how many more or less calories would be detrimental to my diet. I have an AMR of 1840 cals. It's kinda hard to get exactly 1840. Especially because I have trouble determining the calorie count of unpackaged things that I cant see a nutrition info note for. Or when I'm trying to measure an exact tbsp of PB. I was thinking maybe give or take 50 cals from the given number would be okay? You think more or less?

Another totally different subject...
I dont usually do morning cardio cuz I'm really not a morning person. I didnt do it before because of early school. But now it's summer so I tried morning cardio the other day before I ate anything because I know that's a good thing. I literally almost passed out. I did twelve 5,10,20 yd Alabama sprints (shuttle runs) [to keep up with soccer conditioning]. During the school year I did these in the afternoon, home from school. I did them...not exactly with ease (cuz they're sprints)...but without the feeling of passing out. I think it most likely had some to do with the cardio before food. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Sorry about the long post but I figured it would be less annoying to have one big post than a buncha little ones. Thanx for reading and please try to help!

~dE

You can find all this info on the net--google for gylcemic index, carbohydrate counts, etc..

Cauliflower is a green veggie--growers force it to look white. It's very high in fiber and low in carbs and low-carb eaters use it in place of potatoes.

Corn and peas are not low-carb and are not very high in fiber.

Basically, you need to make all your carbs count--they should be high fiber and low gylcemic. You need veggies for all the trace minerals and vitamins found in them. Bread is a processed food, and thus, the nuitional value isn't as great.

Severasl of the veggies you listed have greater nutirional value when cooked. Again, you can research this.

Fruits are largely sugar, but as I recall you're young, and you're active, so you can burn off the sugars (i.e. carbs). If you're not trying to cut (lose fat) eat a little something before you exercise. Since you're doing conditioning and training stuff, eating first will enhance your workouts.

You can work out an eating plan by using on on-line site or by working one on Excel (see Fennec's posts on the Women's Board).

You don't need to hit the magic number or 1840--give yourself a range. You also might want a cheat day where you eat big to keep your metabolism in high gear.

You're young, you're an athlete, don't get all hung up about food and eating. It's such a dangerous path for a woman, and I'm sure you're smarter than that!

Thanx for that keiko. You covered alotta my questions. But theres still some stuff I wanna know.

How big should my calorie range be? Something like 100 cals or more like a 50 cal range? Also, is it better to have more or less than the magic number?

I'm very excited about that cheat day you've encouraged me to have. Some questions about that: How often should I have a cheat day? How much more should I eat on those days?

I'm a very concerned soul. Please excuse it.

~dE

Top Bottom