Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fruit only diet....thoughts?

ajfab88

im trying out a fruit only cutting diet....fruit first 4 meals and last 2 lean proteins and veggies....any thoughts

Very stupid!

If your 5th meal is about 4pm, it means you will have had no protein for 2/3's of a day - watch your muscles disappear.

Plus, all that fructose will give you no energy in the gym, as the fructose will be stored (and converted into fat) in your liver.

If your going to eat fruit while cutting, keep it to minimum, and choose low calorie fruit such as strawberries

Fructose (fruit sugar) is SUGAR.

It is not as good at having insulin release, so it has to be stored in the liver.

Liver gets full of glycogen from the sugar in fruit, it will get stored as fat.

Great way to waste your muscle away.

Where are you lads coming up with these diets?

speedracer98 said:
yea too much sugars
tomatos are fruits too

For any veggie low in calories, most of their net carbs come from sugar, and a lot of this is fructose. Pumpkin is the biggest exception.

I don't recomend it.
I'll drink fruit juice (with whey protein) post workout only, otherwise I consider it equal to candy, and avoid it.

A friend of mine utilises a strong Pumpkin and Cellary diet. I don't fully understand the benefits but he claims that it's essention in post workout.

What you think ?

FitnessHead
www.top7.com.au

speedracer98 said:
what are some good pumpkin recipes and/or ideas? since its in season

I don't know any recipes, I'm a pretty basic cooker.

But I just make pumpkin soup - blend say 1-200 grams with some hot water. Then I use this on dressing for brocolli, or other green veggies. It is a pretty low cal and healthy way to make them taste better. I normally add some (natural) garlic sprinkles and salt to it, but that's about it.

Just so you know, GI of pumpkin 75, so its high if this is a concern to you, but the GL is load

Last edited:
Top Bottom