Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

friend is trying to gain weight...

smr91481

i've got this friends who's desperately trying to gain weight and is asking me for help. he already eats a shitload and worksout. i'm gonna get him taking a (food) supplement to help him out. what i'm wondering is which of these would be better for him.

protein powder
weight gainer powder
meal replacement shake

we'd appreciate any help fellas...thanks.

A supplement like PROLAB's N-Large is good. Chances are though that your friend needs more carbs and protein. Rare is it that I see a guy actually getting the right amounts of these macro-nutrients.

In a 4,000 cal diet, your buddy would need about 500g of carbs, 400g of protein, and 45 or so grams of fat. Now that's a measley 4,000 cal diet. A true hardgainer will require more calories than that, which means even higher doses of all of the above. High complex carb, high protein, low fat dieting will get the job done.

i would go with the weight gainer, post workout and if he needs meals for convenience some meal replacements. but just make sure his diet is around his bw times 20,then split those numbers into like a 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat ration, get his protiens from lean red meat, chicken, fish, tuna, shakes carbs from low glycemic thorugout the day brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes and simple carbs postworkout, the weight gainer or some dextrose. fats try peanut butter, nuts, flax oil, from the steak. maybe try cycling creatine, 6 weeks on, three weeks off, with the weightgainer post workout or with dextrose and whey post workout. as for lifting do around 4 exercises for large bodyparts(legs, chest, back, shoulders) and three for small bodyparts (triceps, biceps), 4 sets each exercise, focus on compound exercises and incorporate core exercises such as deadlifts, squats and bench press. keep reps low around the 3-8 range or so.

Top Bottom