Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Freezing and reheating meat ?

|D_J^B_J|

Instead of grilling meat just before I am about to eat it, I often grill large amounts of steaks and chicken breasts, freeze them and reheat one when I am about to eat.

Is this okay, or will it destroy the protein structure?

Interesting. I do the same thing... On Sundays I grill about 10 chicken breasts and eat them through the week...

I think nothing happens to it, have read a lot of people do this

Nothing wrong with that

It may just be not as tasty as freshly grilled meat

Cooked meats should last 7 days in the fridge -- so, depending on how much you cook you don't necessarily need to freeze the meat.

When I cook chicken, I undercook it just a tad so when I reheat it -- it doesn't dry out.

What about if I were to cook it, freeze it, reheat it a week later then eat half and leave the other half in the fridge. Would it still be alright if I reheated this half again the next day?

Does that make sense?

|D_J^B_J| said:
What about if I were to cook it, freeze it, reheat it a week later then eat half and leave the other half in the fridge. Would it still be alright if I reheated this half again the next day?

Does that make sense?

It won't go bad, if that's what you mean. Unless you're keeping it on the front seat of your car in 100+ degree weather.

gymratforlife said:
Wonder how long it can stay good for once frozen though.

Fish -- no longer than 3 months

Meats -- I've had it last 1 year + & be OK taste-wise & all. Nowaways, meat doesn't last that long in my freezer.... ;)

Top Bottom