Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Food log for an on the go lifestyle!

Macedog24

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
PSL Sponsor
I like to keep track and post up picks of my meals throughout the day and week. Working swing shift is challenging and eating nutritious can be even more challenging. Ive always liked this idea. I post up alot of quick, an easy foods to help not just myself but hopefully others eat healthy. Sometimes we are low on cash, or short on time. Other times we are plentiful on both.
Lets help keep each other accountable and give each other some options we may not other wise even consider.
So i will start tonight. I work swing shift ,always on the go and believe me it gets hard trying to manage things with 6 kids. Everyone wants something different. Often times i find myself looking for a quick meal or something i can buy to grab for work.
This week i work 11-7 or 7p-7a depends if i come in at 7pm. Tonight i brought some lightly blackened fish and beans.(not my homemade beans)
20180807_001028-1.jpg

Not a log as such but I do have a part time day job which makes eating a little bit of a challenge. I'm fortunate now in that while, like most I can always do with more cash I don't NEED it. So I work two 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm) a week. That makes for a hell of a long day. Up at 4am, out by 6am, work at 7am... 12 hours later waiting for the damn trains and hoping they'll be on time. If they are I'm back in by 8pm. If not... 8.30pm or 9pm.

Food wise on those days is my usual morning go-to's of a cup of tea, bowl of cereal, array of supplements and, if I've time, a coffee. Then I'm out.

Mid morning, if I'm not busy is another coffee and maybe a snack. Lunch is a take out of a triple sandwich, juice or smoothie and a savory. Mid afternoon another coffee and a protein shake and then home after the shift. Unless I forget I'll have either already cooked (and chilled) or pre-prepared an evening meal. I'll get in, feed the cats, put some laundry on, do the washing up and cook all at the same time ha ha. Then crash and eat. Those evening meals on the two working days will be the more nutritious ones of the day. I MAY, at some point, start prepping a better lunch meal ahead of time because I can always zap it at work (we've a good onsite office with a LOT of room compared to some sites I've worked in and it includes a microwave. There's also a decent sized old fashioned indoor market nearby which does traditional style food I could get food from if I wanted to.

Not a log as such but I do have a part time day job which makes eating a little bit of a challenge. I'm fortunate now in that while, like most I can always do with more cash I don't NEED it. So I work two 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm) a week. That makes for a hell of a long day. Up at 4am, out by 6am, work at 7am... 12 hours later waiting for the damn trains and hoping they'll be on time. If they are I'm back in by 8pm. If not... 8.30pm or 9pm.

Food wise on those days is my usual morning go-to's of a cup of tea, bowl of cereal, array of supplements and, if I've time, a coffee. Then I'm out.

Mid morning, if I'm not busy is another coffee and maybe a snack. Lunch is a take out of a triple sandwich, juice or smoothie and a savory. Mid afternoon another coffee and a protein shake and then home after the shift. Unless I forget I'll have either already cooked (and chilled) or pre-prepared an evening meal. I'll get in, feed the cats, put some laundry on, do the washing up and cook all at the same time ha ha. Then crash and eat. Those evening meals on the two working days will be the more nutritious ones of the day. I MAY, at some point, start prepping a better lunch meal ahead of time because I can always zap it at work (we've a good onsite office with a LOT of room compared to some sites I've worked in and it includes a microwave. There's also a decent sized old fashioned indoor market nearby which does traditional style food I could get food from if I wanted to.

Dam steveMobsterG, your a very busy man! You definitely have your routine down. I was that way for a long time and trying to get back to it. 6 weeks til my surgery. And then the fun begins. I will be at the mercy of others for everything for little while. I hate having to depend or rely on other people to do things or get things done.. I hate to be an extra burden on my wife. This will be the first yr all the kids are in school. She will be kid free so to speak.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

When I was a LOT younger I did a LOT more lol. Two days is plenty now. Back in the day I worked at a meat processing plant and I was on a 6am-2pm shift. I'd do 2+ hours Mon-Thu and then Friday I'd do a 5am-10pm shift (17 hours). And then, usually in the run up to the xmas season, I'd do the weekends too. I would take home £90 for a straight 40 or so hours week but hit £405 after tax etc one week with bonuses included. This was in the late 80's. So almost 5x my usual wage. But crazy, crazy hours. The way I fed myself then was to put snack meals into my locker and eat them in the over time period.

In more recent years I did another 2 day week at Amazon. Up at 4am, out and on the work bus for 5am. On-site for 6am and start at 7am (so mini meal one in that hour). We got a 30 minute break in which I'd shovel food in midday). I'd add a snack to my little locker there and eat that on the bus home as well as whatever I could squeeze in in our 10 minute mini afternoon break. Others did way more hours than I did on a lot less... woowie

a good one to prepare is an avacado salad and you can cut up some chicken to throw on top. take that with you to work and stick it in the fridge and you have a healthy lunch

It does sound good. The rice sachets work too

Yes salads are another favorite of mine..
You can do so much with them.
a good one to prepare is an avacado salad and you can cut up some chicken to throw on top. take that with you to work and stick it in the fridge and you have a healthy lunch

Tonight some broccoli and blackened fish
eb134e5b6ba1d9d4a492e68ec53e0580.jpg

Thanks. I usually have cod over some fresh spinach ,oldbay, hotsauce. Like this pic below
^^^ nice bro it is almost fishing season where i live.. gonna be eating fish 2-3X per week during season

i have to find some new fish recipes, that looks good!
67e40b93ef54d677498684d9792e207d.jpg

Top Bottom