Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Food Log

you still need carbs post workout during your anabolic window
it looks like you are doing WAY too much cardio
and you have pretty much dropped all your carbs
that is a recipe for disaster in the sense of catabolizm
sure you are going to lose weight but at what cost of your hard earned muscle?
and at 176 how much possible fat can you have?
your focus needs to be on building muscle plain and simple
not bulking not cutting
200-250 grams of protein from meats, eggs, fish, whey
300-400 grams of LOW GI carbs (oats, sweet tater, rice, fruits)
Except post WO when you should have waxy, dextrose, or at least gatorade
50-100 grams of EFAs from ANPB, fish oil, almonds

How much protein do you think I'm getting these past two food logs?

I don't have lots of fat but I have deposits in places that are very noticeable. I want it to buuuurn.

TODAY

1st 11:00 AM:
3 eggs, 4 pieces of wheat toast

2nd 11:30 AM:
2 mile run

3rd 12:30 PM:
30-45 minute upper body workout
40 gram protein, 0 carb Isopure drink

4th 1:00-2:00 PM
1 steak, 1 chicken breast, 1 red apple with ANPB(taking advice on postworkout carbs)

5th 4:30 PM:
15 gram protein Atkins shake

6th(not yet):
2 steaks, 2-3 eggs
FUCKALERT: Ate 2 cupcakes at work, snacked on peanuts throughout the night...MOTHERFUCKER

Is it ok to be consuming fats from eggs late in the day(probably wont get dinner till 11:30 tonight)?

Hopefully I can pass on the Oreos at work. I love those mother fuckers.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

Last edited:
Here's another problem. Don't run to the gym.

You waste all of your energy running before the gym in order to stay lean. You'll never get jacked doing this bro. Cardio before lifting is the wrong way to go. Use that energy to lift weights.

6 pieces of toast with 3 eggs is not 1200 calories Desmond. A heavy bread is 100 calories/slice. and If he is putting on 7 grams of butter per slice plus whole eggs(the other 600 calories comes FROM FAT!), he's gonna have a fucking heart attack.

You're doing too much cardio. You'll never put on mass doing that much cardio and eating so little.

3500 calories. Cardio 3x per week for 30 minutes a piece AFTER you workout(then you'd only need 15 minutes, or on a separate day from lifting altogether.

You're fairly lean as is bro. Get some mass on you before you try and get ripped. Just don't go over board with the sugars and simple carbs and you'll be fine with staying lean.

It basically sounds like you want to shredd up and get massive. That is impossible to do both of those at the same time.

Choose size or definition. You won't get both. I'd suggest you go for size. Definition will come easily compared to absolute mass.

Why are you taking a shake at the same time as eating meat?

Spread out the protein intake. Your body won't digest and use 100 grams of protein in 2 hours. It doesn't work like that.

TODAY

1st 11:00 AM:
3 eggs, 4 pieces of wheat toast

550 calories, 20 grams of protein

2nd 11:30 AM:
2 mile run

-200 calories

3rd 12:30 PM:
30-45 minute upper body workout
40 gram protein, 0 carb Isopure drink

160 calories - 200 calories from lifting

4th 1:00-2:00 PM
1 steak, 1 chicken breast, 1 red apple with ANPB(taking advice on postworkout carbs) Post workout carbs go BEFORE your ISOPURE protein shake

Assuming both are lean 8 ounce cuts, 100 grams of protein, 700 calories

5th 4:30 PM:
15 gram protein Atkins shake

60 calories

6th(not yet):
1 steak, 1 chicken breast, 2-3 eggs

110 protein (600 calories)

Is it ok to be consuming fats from eggs late in the day(probably wont get dinner till 11:30 tonight)?

Hopefully I can pass on the Oreos at work. I love those mother fuckers.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

totalling up my comments, and assuming a body weight of 178 pounds you have:

About 1200 calories minus maintanance calories for sleep and normal bodily functions (breathing, living basically) of 1500 calories. You are at negative 100 calories for maintanance. The only reason you don't lose weight is because your protein intake is high (about 250-275 grams)

Now you see why you don't gain weight? You are in defecit calorie mode. You need to be at +500 to put on some good weight at an acceptable place.

eat more carbs(vegetables too) and drink milk, do less cardio and you will gain weight

You need lots of workers and materials to build a large house. You'll never get a large house without those things.

Sit down and write out a diet plan. Count the calories on the nutrition labels and write them down. Don't assume you have enough. Know you do.

Last edited:
mate I'd be eating much more vegetables and probably throwing a few more shakes in the mix if you are restricted to eating more.

Thanks you DBG...that's what I needed to see.

As far as maintaining muscle goes...I have noticed they become more fatigued in my work outs, but I still bang out all my reps, even if I have to stop for a second.

You say I'm a fairly lean guy...that picture you saw of me my midsection was flexed...I can post up unflexed pictures...it's not pretty. My guess is 18-21% BF.

Thanks you DBG...that's what I needed to see.

As far as maintaining muscle goes...I have noticed they become more fatigued in my work outs, but I still bang out all my reps, even if I have to stop for a second.

You say I'm a fairly lean guy...that picture you saw of me my midsection was flexed...I can post up unflexed pictures...it's not pretty. My guess is 18-21% BF.

No bro, 20 BF is pretty chubby. I'd put you around 14-15% max.

YESTERDAY(as far as I can recall)

1st:
4.2 mile run to gym
Upper body workout
Girl gives ride home
3 eggs, 1 piece of wheat toast covered in ANPB

2nd:
2 chicken breasts with some Texas Pete, 15 gram protein Atkins shake, 1 piece wheat toast covered in ANPB

3rd:
Got to work and some jackass made cake...3 very small pieces...kids pizza miscook...1 piece of it, snacked on peanuts throughout the night(FUCK)

4th:
2 steaks, a couple pieces of green apple

It all goes to shit when I get to work.

Notes:
--Muscles become fatigued more quickly with carb deficit
--Strength doesn't seem to have suffered YET, just the actual endurance of the muscle group
--Calming effects of running are a big plus when your life is as hectic as mine...number one reason to keep it up
--Hungry at night even after putting down 2 steaks

YESTERDAY(as far as I can recall)

1st:
4.2 mile run to gym
Upper body workout
Girl gives ride home
3 eggs, 1 piece of wheat toast covered in ANPB

2nd:
2 chicken breasts with some Texas Pete, 15 gram protein Atkins shake, 1 piece wheat toast covered in ANPB

3rd:
Got to work and some jackass made cake...3 very small pieces...kids pizza miscook...1 piece of it, snacked on peanuts throughout the night(FUCK)

4th:
2 steaks, a couple pieces of green apple

It all goes to shit when I get to work.

Notes:
--Muscles become fatigued more quickly with carb deficit
--Strength doesn't seem to have suffered YET, just the actual endurance of the muscle group
--Calming effects of running are a big plus when your life is as hectic as mine...number one reason to keep it up
--Hungry at night even after putting down 2 steaks

I'm telling you bro.

CUT OUT the cardio before lifting.

Don't ever go and lift weights without eating either. And after cardio and not eating, you are just giving your body every reason to metabolize muscle. You'll never get far doing this.

Your body breaks down muscle for energy before it uses fat.

You didn't eat anything before the gym, ran for 45 minutes, lifted, and then you only ate 3 eggs and a piece of toast with peanut butter?

You don't need to starve yourelf to get ripped.

You have 2 goals:

Get ripped, get jacked.

1) You will not get jacked ever eating like you are.

2) Your cardio (especially without eating) is breaking down your muscle, which flattens you out, and reducing your definition.

You have got to pick 1 goal or the other. At your current state, if you would rather be ripped than jacked, you are going to end up smaller and weaker, making getting ripped even harder because you have less muscle. Unless you genetically maintain 10% bf like some people, you will never get ripped and stay your size.

Eat like a beast and train like a beast. Go for mass, and the definition will follow. Getting ripped with an extra 15-20 pounds of lean mass is much easier, and you end up looking 1000x better. Having more muscle requires more calories, and the calorie requirement eventually balances out and you begin to stay leaner the bigger you get without any additional effort at all. I eat cookies and shit like that about 3 times a week and stay at 13% BF on a bulking diet because I have much greater lean mass than I used to. And I do zero cardio.

Top Bottom