Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Food that boost the metabolism?

Clean diet and lifting ... :) Sorry, had to hehe.

There really is no food that will elevate your metabolism to an extent that you'll notice it enhancing your weight loss efforts.

Some say that spices such as cayenne pepper and ginger work, and they are in fact included in some thermo pills, but again it's not a significant effect, if any.

protein is the most thermogenic macronutrient
so more protein is good for boosting metabolism
eat smaller frequent meals a day

thermogenic foods as miss chirss stated are pepper, ginger and spices. Fiberous veggies and stuff like cellery are great too

Babyfaced Assassin said:
protein is the most thermogenic macronutrient
so more protein is good for boosting metabolism
eat smaller frequent meals a day

can you show me some studies where protein intake was tied into metabolic rate? thanks.

nordstrom said:

can you show me some studies where protein intake was tied into metabolic rate? thanks.

he is right, protein is the most thermogenic, it takes the most energy to break down, so it has an effect on metabolism, i learned this in nutrition class

There have been studies that show increased protien intake increased thermogenosis temporarily. After 6-8 weeks of high protien intake, the body adapts, and protien no longer yields this effect in requiring more energy expenditure to break down and use than other micronutrients per calorie. If we are talking about calories consumed verses calories actually absorbed and able to utilize by the body, fat calories are best. If you ate a meal that had 500 calories for example that was entirely carbs, other than fiber, you will absorb almost, if not all 500 calories. Protien will be a little lower, and you will not be able to absorb anywhere near all 500 of the fat calories. The calorie content of food is based on potential heat value. The body is not a blast furnace, and does not absorb, breakdown or utilize 100% of the calories present, and it varies from food type to food type. Thus the expression "a calorie is a calorie" is not exactally true when dealing with something as complex as a living organism. Want the greatest metabolic advantage for every calorie you eat? Do the Adkins diet, but just because you have a better metabolic advantage, does not mean you will achieve the best fat loss possible. Your tyroid will downregulate and your glycogen stores will never be full.

dzuljas said:

he is right, protein is the most thermogenic, it takes the most energy to break down, so it has an effect on metabolism, i learned this in nutrition class

what kind of effect does it have though. how large.

Top Bottom