Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Food Allergies: HELP, not sure what to eat.

Hey everyone,
I just found out that I am allergic to alot of the foods that i have been eating in my diet. I am allergic to eggwhites, dairy, peanuts, and wheat.

The one i am concerned about the most is the allergy to wheat. I don't really know what to substitute for the wheat. I see a dietician in a little while but in the mean time could you maybe help me with some other food ideas of the healthy variety. I am having a hard time thinking outside the box.

Thanks

I'm allergic to wheat & dairy as well. The wheat really bothers me, but I'm finding since I've been dairy free, I feel alot better.

Sweet Potatoes, Mission White Corn Tortillas, Rice cakes, Brown/Wild Rice, Brown Rice and other non-wheat breads

Is there a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's near you? There are plenty of Wheat & Gluten Free food options (if you want something already prepared), like Rice flakes (cereal), frozen wheat & gluten free waffles, etc.

You can do this without dairy. In fact, its probably for the best.

The peanuts can be substituted for other nuts & nut butters. If you have a food processor, you can make your own nut butters.

nycgirl said:
Oats are usually fine for people with wheat allergies. But, if you have gluten allergies, it may be best to stay away from oats.

There was no mention of an allergy to gluten, so i assume it is only to wheat. Is this assumption maybe wrong?

There was no mention of an allergy to gluten, so i assume it is only to wheat. Is this assumption maybe wrong?

No. Its possible to be allergic to wheat and not gluten.

I think if you stick to oats, sweet potatoes, brown/wild rice (rice, rice cakes, rice bread), corn (only) tortillas, spelt only products, & legumes!!! (carbs & protein), you should be okay.

This is a subject that I can spend weeks talking about

If you are not sure what you are allergic to (which most people dont) then you have to be tested. Get the skin testing done at an allergy doctor. I don't like the doctors who prick your back with multiple allergens all at one. Spend the time to get them individually check like they do at the enviornmental centers. Of special interest would be protein sources since they are generally the allergens that have the worst effects

1. peanuts
2. wheat (gluten)
3. milk
4. eggs
5. soy
6. salmon
7. beef
8. turkey
9. chicken
10. pork
11. shrimp
12. tuna
13. macademia
14. almond (cyanide)
15. walnut
16. cashew

Peanuts are number one since they are known to kill people... Once you know this , then learn about total load. You total load is like a bucket. Eat or drink something you are allergic to and the bucket fills. If you do multiple things that you are allergic to such as wear latex gloves and then eat out at a place and not know what's in your plate... The bucket will fill more. Once the bucket is full , anything else will cause symtoms.

http://www.dustfree.com/allergys.htm

Just understand total load and what you are allergic to and you should be fine

gjohnson5 said:
This is a subject that I can spend weeks talking about

If you are not sure what you are allergic to (which most people dont) then you have to be tested. Get the skin testing done at an allergy doctor. I don't like the doctors who prick your back with multiple allergens all at one. Spend the time to get them individually check like they do at the enviornmental centers. Of special interest would be protein sources since they are generally the allergens that have the worst effects

1. peanuts
2. wheat (gluten)
3. milk
4. eggs
5. soy
6. salmon
7. beef
8. turkey
9. chicken
10. pork
11. shrimp
12. tuna
13. macademia
14. almond (cyanide)
15. walnut
16. cashew

Peanuts are number one since they are known to kill people... Once you know this , then learn about total load. You total load is like a bucket. Eat or drink something you are allergic to and the bucket fills. If you do multiple things that you are allergic to such as wear latex gloves and then eat out at a place and not know what's in your plate... The bucket will fill more. Once the bucket is full , anything else will cause symtoms.

http://www.dustfree.com/allergys.htm

Just understand total load and what you are allergic to and you should be fine

Thanks for the reply. I had blood tests done. The tests said i was allergic to egg whites, milk (so i assume all dairy will give me problems), wheat and peanuts. There was no mention of gluten, only to wheat, so i am going on the assumption that I have no allergy to gluten.

Top Bottom