Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flaxseed oil tastes like fish

SDMN

Several days ago I was doing shopping with my wife,and we have seen the flaxseed oil on sale, so we decided to give it ago for cholesterol control, and to get a bit more omegas in our diet.We are taking one table spoon of this stuff per day, and it feelsfine. One thing is weird – it tastes a bit like fish, or fish oil –is this normal?

That happens because it shares lots of the fatty acids found in fish oil, and precisely these fatty acids give this specific taste. This is quite normal, and the flaxseed oil I take also has a slight resemblance with fish.

Why not just eat flax seeds? You get the benefit of the natural fibre and protein the seeds contain that way as well. I add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed to my oatmeal every morning and it gives the oatmeal a nice nutty flavour. I actually prefer the taste of the oatmeal with the flaxseed added vs when its not added.

I would supplement with fish oil capsules instead of using flaxseed oil. Fish oil is a superior omega 3 supplement to flax because it contains EPA and DHA. Flax contains the omega 3 fatty acid ALA. The body can convert ALA to EPA and DHA but it's conversion rate is not great. Fish oil triumph flax seed oil in every way.

I would either use milled flax seeds and mix it into your food or swap out the flax seed oil for 6-10 fish oil capsules.

Absolutely normal. What I would do is get fish oil caps. I get mine at Costco and take 6 per day. It works out to around 7g of fish oil each day.

Top Bottom