Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flatulence and Excessive Bowel Movements

JaredK

Man, this is embarrassing, BUT...

Is it normal for a body that has been untrained and undernourished with a year-long diet of junk food (greasy burgers, KFC, etc) to respond to a new diet of "clean" foods by causing flatulence and 3-5 bowel movements a day?

My wife is ready to kick me out of bed and taking a car ride leaves her gasping and clawing for the windows. My stomach seems to constantly gurgle and I've literally rubbed myself raw from sitting on the john. There has to be a better way!

Will this phase pass? It's already been 6 weeks. Perhaps I'm overeating and giving my body more food than it can handle? Here's a typical eating schedule:

I'm 30 yrs old, 5'10", 168 lbs, trying to gain muscle and lose a bit of fat. I'm training 3 days a week, 1 day on, 1 day off, with a fourth day of 45 mins/cardio thrown in. Trying to train as heavy as possible with 15-20 mins of cardio before each weight session. I'm a natural ectomorph and been skinny with little appetite most of my life but in the last year my BF has jumped considerably (from 140 lbs to 166).

Meal One:
2 scrambled eggs with 2 pcs whole wheat toast, plain.
1 cup non-fat yogurt
glass of fruit juice

Meal Two:
Met-RX
OR
Arby's Regular Roast Beef with plain baked potato
OR
Grilled turkey/chicken/steak and salad

Meal Three:
Pasta (usually small serving of rotini or spaghetti)

[workout]

Meal Four:
Met-RX

Meal Five:
Can of tuna
toast with peanut butter and glass of milk

Of course there are days I eat more/less, and I usually like to have some oatmeal, Lean Body bars, and Crispy Mini rice snacks here and there.

Being naturally thin I have to really work to eat properly and it's hard sometimes to force it down, but I find that preparation and knowing that each meal is a building block for reaching my goals helps to keep me motivated.

I have a lot to learn and this seems like the best place to sit at the proverbial knee.

Thanks for advice/info.

Sounds like an egg problem to me.

Now I could be wrong, but it may be the eggs that are making you fart/go to the loo alot.

Eggs sometimes for no reason effect people differently.

I have been eating them on and off (and not in large amounts either) for years and had no problem.

But in the last couple years they have paralysed my stomach, cramps, wind and I mean bad wind, and guts ache.

Sorry to be blunt and share, but this is nature of the post. So I cut them ourt altogether.

Also if i ever get a problem like this with food, I try to process of eliminte what might be doing it.

Also certain protein powders aggravate people, e.g I'm fine on Met-Rx but Myoplex is a big non-no in the gas department.

Think about the protein/MRP & egg factors in your diet.

I could be completely wrong.

Just my experiences and two pence sterling.

Sheena:D

I used to eat a lot off eggs, and man, I was horrible, at least for gas. Try to cut down on eggs and dairy.
Also, I have been using Prolab Whey protein, and have'nt been gassy at all.

I'm on my mass phase now and I take a shit at least 4 times a day.

I eat a lot and drink average 15 liters of water on a workout day.

at any given time, I'm either eating, pissing, farting, training, sleeping or shitting.

I don't think you got too much to be worried about.

Lol, thanks guys.

I think my body is just in shock from geting nutritious food instead of the usual shit I used to shovel down my throat. During one stretch last year I ate Burger King for lunch every day for two weeks straight.

I did notice less bloating and gas with a packet of Labrada Lean Body High Protein formula I tried this week. Myoplex kills me too, Sheena. MET-RX has that aspartame, which I come to find out might be a possible neurotoxin.

Isn't it true that complex carbs can sometimes have a hard time breaking down in the gut and end up being ravaged by bacteria in the intestines? I read somewhere that this is where that sulphuric stench we all know and love originates.

I must admit that it's kinda funny sometimes to be on the treadmill, puffing them out every couple of minutes, and having the fan behind me blow it into the folks on the bikes ahead of me. Poor bastards, no one ever said the cost of fitness would be easy to pay.

dont worry dude everybody has that problem........ its just a nasty biproduct.

Hey Jaredk!

Actually, it's really healthy. The healthiest thing you can do for your body, imho, is take a nice daily shit.

(I am sooo glad we are all communicating via anonymous email.)

ESPECIALLY for men. You fellas gotta have clean colons and prostates. Flush out those toxins.

But tell your wife this: IT WILL PASS! I promise you this. Your body just has to adapt to the higher intake of fiber.

I have been a roughage-scarfing vegetarian for ten years and am proud to say that my gut can handle anything. Beans? Cabbage? Bring it on, baby.

Also: big hearty word to the posters who thought it might be eggs. Eggs are notorious for flatulence.

When i first started my diet it was 5 days before i had to go, man was i starting to worry:confused: .

MkZk if i drank 15 liters aday i'll never leave the bathroom, I drink about 4 liters and i'm in there most of the time now and i'm up and down all night:D

No More Gas

Try taking a papaya enzyme with the protein drinks (they are so processed that your body has a hard time breaking them down, so they sit and ferment in your intestinal tract...causing rancid gas!)

You also could have a food allergy. For me it's eggs. But more than likely the papaya will solve the issue.

Top Bottom