Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it fine to sleep after eating?

Irelil

I wanted to find out ifyou can sleep and take a nap after eating? The thing is that mostpeople say that you should move around and do light cardio likewalking after eating to make the food digest better. But I feelsometimes so damn sleepy after eating, that is is hard to stand thetemptation. So is it healthy to take a nap after eating?

There is no problem at all in eating before going to sleep. In fact, it can even help with sleep, as much of your blood will shuffle into the stomach for the digestive process, which will deprive your brain a bit from that blood. This is in fact the reason people feel so sleepy after eating - their blood just goes into the stomach instead of the brain. So to answer your question - sleep if you want and can sleep after eating!

If it's during the day and it's warm the only issue I can think of is struggling to sleep later. It's that or the meal is so large... might be too heavy and better to add another meal but spread the calories out so each meal is smaller.

Ok guys - you got me cooler now ) It is hot here where we live, and this already makes you feel sleepy. Add to that a good meal, and you just melt down if you stop doing something for a moment. That's why I though that a good nap would be cool after eating. So I will sleep in such case.

Ok guys - you got me cooler now ) It is hot here where we live, and this already makes you feel sleepy. Add to that a good meal, and you just melt down if you stop doing something for a moment. That's why I though that a good nap would be cool after eating. So I will sleep in such case.

It's perfectly fine to sleep after eating. I do it all the time.

When you eat a big meal, blood rushes to your stomach to digest the meal. That's why you feel sleepy after a big meal. It's perfectly normal.

Eating stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system which is your body's 'rest and digest' system.

Nothing wrong with a nap during the day after eating. As long as you are not having issues getting to sleep at night I wouldn't' worry about it.

Top Bottom