Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The final word on losing your flab

blood_drinker

Who here on the boards have yoyoed up and down constantly? How many of you have stayed at your fat weight after constant dieting even though youve followed EFs diet manipulation advice to the letter.

If you fall in those categories, let me tell you something, something that comes from someone that has dieted down to a six pack 3 times, only to lose it. I used to spend my time after school in the EF boards for an hour or two, every day, every day learning, and taking advice. EVERY day. I became obsessed. I learned about the diets, and became obsessed with calorie manipulation. Being in a family where I travel a lot, it was hell, but I made it.

The problem? I use to do, in my beginning phases, 45 minutes of low intensity 130bpm workouts on a stationary bike. I ask you to take one step back for a minute, just a minute, take everything youve learned out of muscle wasting for just one second, and listen to this : You have to work instinctively. Just as insticive works for bodybuilding in your begginning phases, it works just like this for dieting (unless of course youre a bodybuilder already down to 8% and want to lose more). But Im talking to you guys in the category. You have lots of fat to lose, and you guys that fall in the category know VERY well that the six pack is earned the HARD way, not by sitting on a stationary bike reading a novel. No my friend, it aint like that. If you want to get real on fat loss, you have to run. Run on a treadmill, in a football field, wherever it is, warmup for 3 minutes and JOG for 30 minutes. Keep that in mind, and dont worry, tips on keeping your muscles will be right up.

Want fat loss?
1. Everyday, 5x a week, 30 minute jog.

2. A good high protein (1-1.5g per pound) high in omega3 fats calorie restricted diet (low carb is my favorite. I dieted down to my first six pack using a diet given to me by a nutricionist, consisted of high proteins like fish, poultry and casein, which is exactly the one Im using now (check my other post).

3. Beside the protein, supplement with BCAAs before morning cardio 6-8g should offset catabolism. Glutamine is optional.

4. A cheat day shouldnt be called a cheat day. You eat cheat foods, but dont binge like crazy, which is what most people do- eat cheat foods, eat a key lime pie instead of 2 full racks of ribs, cole slaw backed beans, you get the idea. This is of prime importance because you will simply regain what was lost, making the fat loss much more gradual and painful.

5. When coming off a bulk or a high cal junk food type diet, decrease cals by 500 at a time until you reach your target (AMR-500). Decrease everyday until you reach your target.

6. Eat six meals a day, spaced evenly to make sure your metabolism stays high (do this along with the moderated cheat day) and so you get enough protein for the day.

7. You simply cannot forget water folks. Drink a gallon a day. You see, it is of prime importance in metabolizing fat because your liver is overloaded when your kidneys don't get enough water. Your liver metabolizes fat, and it can't do that 100% if it is doing the kidneys job. Now, these are some other water benefits:
- Suppresses appetite and aids in proper digestion

- Relieves fluid retention problems. If you don't give your body water, it will hold it so as not to lose it.
That's how important your body water is. Your body will stock up on it and youll look even fatter. Again, water is of prime importance.

-Reduces sodium buildup in the body

-Helps to maintain proper muscle tone.

-Rids the body of waste and toxins

-Relieves constipation

As you can see you cannot overlook the importance of water. I drink 4L (1G) minimum per day regardless of the phase (bulk or cut).

8. You need fiber as well. Quoting FLEX "Think of fiber as a food processor. It helps your body handle the demands you place on it, whether youre eating a high protein or a high cal diet." When dieting like we all are, get it from vegetables like broccolli, spinach, lima beans, tomatoes etc. Be sure to get plenty of vegetables for your fiber> Crums post goes into detail on this.

9. My friend, I have dieted many times for four weeks in a row, seeing little results because of little effort in the gym and big efforts on my diet. It aint that way bro. You have to work. Work according to all I said on diet (prime importance) and exercise (goes hand in hand, remember if you dont have the proper intensity youll never get the results you want) you will be on your way to your god damned six pack.

I promise you.
This is a scrap version of many more arguments to come, including fat loss efficiency (30minute jog which is cardio VS 45 minute low intensity and that both work) but im telling you , with 30 minute jogs, you got your six pack, faster, and youll be happier with your efforts. Plus you dont even need to train your legs if you play a heavy sport like soccer. I do, Im half brazilian and half Venezuelan, and my legs are big just from soccer. Trust me, it's all instincts. You work out hard, with the right diet you get what you deserve, I PROMISE
If anyone has any numbers I should add, which I know there are, please bring em on.

Blood

I'm going to print this and post it up everywhere! Fridge, toilet, etc. Always seeing that little bit of motivation even when the mirror isn't motivating enough!

as far as number go:

12cals per lb of bodyweight is a good place to start with your total caloric intake while dieting

nutrient breakdown can vary, every1 reacts differently, main three diets are low carb (taking in some carbs to fuel your workouts and to replenish glycogen after the workout, keeping protein high and fats moderate); ketogenic diet (0-30g of carbs per day, spread out throughout the day, protein is ussually set at 25-30% of total calories, fats making up the difference); low fat diet (on this diet fats are limited to 10-15% of total calories, and carbs and protein are spread down the middle), other diets include isocaloric, "balanced diet" not as popular the the first 3.

points to keep in mind:

1) if you are naturally fat, then chances are your insulin scensetivity is lower then those of a "skiny" guy, so you will benefit from low carb diet or ketogenic diet both of which limit insulin secretion by limiting carb intake

2) if you are naturally skinny, then low fat diet would be ideal for you

3) if you are geneticlly gifted, naturally muscular guy, making muscle gains with little effort while gaining very little fat (lucky, lucky, lucky; ps. if you are woundering wheather or not you are geneticlay gifted, chances are you are not) then you can get away with either one of the mentioned diets, just have to watch your total calories

This is a great post but i am going to have to disagree that you will only loose by running. Everyone is different and not everyone needs to run everyday to loose weight. IMO and from what i have seen and experienced.

Yes it is in fact , great if you get what I mean 15year old. Dont you worry one bit 15, youll get some flab off of ya with the pointers. Just keep sticking to them as Im sure you have.

Ill leave it to everyone to post the updates, and this can be one long thread on the fancy pointers of fat loss.

Now
Serge - I agree with you on the numbers. Ill add it.

Supernav - If you eat a big meal, and burn it off, it doesnt matter. What matters is, if at the end of the day, your total cal intake. If its less than AMR, then youre fine. If more, then better hit the treadmill the next day.

Oh, and ALA I know little about. But the fact is, you dont need ALA simply a supplement. Again, if youre very low in bf then use it if you want to lose even more, otherwise, fuck supplements and fancy crap, get your asses on the tread !

Just a few tips

-Water - Your Body burns calories per glass of ice water, so if you drank a gallon a day, thats 123 added calories from fat that is burned, every little bit helps right?

-Protein - Try to keep all protein from real foods, so you get the therogenic effect of food.

-Make sure its a re-feed DAY. If you have bad insulin sensitivity, the old Body-Opus style 2 day re-feed will have horrible effects. (belive me...I know :) )

-Try to vary intensity during jogging, like pick up the pace for 2-3 minutes and then back to normal for 2-3. I did this last summer and saw good results.

-One more thing. If you tend to undereat (below 11/12*bw) while dieting and choose the keto ketones when burned provide less than 9 calories. So in order not to create too big of a deficit keep this in mind when planning your diet.

Good Post Bro, Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I recommend, for beginners to running or out of shape people, that you walk for 2 minutes, jog for 5, walk for 2 minutes. Repeat cycle until 30mins are over, then cool down with a 3 minute walk.
This way you will build up a tolerance to jogging, and once you can take it replace the 2 minutes with 1 minute and ahalf, all the way up to 1 minute. Youll see results soon enough.
I think varying intensity burns you off to fast, leaving you tired for the rest of the session. But hey if you got the legs go for it. With a normal jog pace to someone relatively in shape for 30 minutes should yield 160-180bpm depending on age, and note this is cardiovascular zone. You work hard, you get hard. Thats the final word.

Top Bottom