Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fiber Question

Diesel3d

I found a cereal that has 8 grams of fiber. 1 of soluable fiber and 7 of insoluable. It also has 5 sugars.

few questions
1. what fiber type is better. soluable or insoulable.

2. Does more fiber mean a bettter complex carb?

3. I have been replacing this cereal with oatmeal in the AM. The only differance is it has 5 grams of sugar, but i'm not cutting to the bone right now, just bulking with clean food. Am i better off with the higher fiber cereal , or the oatmeal? What's a better carb source?

2. generaly, yes

3. I would say you need both but oatmeal is a pretty good source of carbs when bulking

1. here is the answer from the American Dietetic Association :

What is the difference between insoluble and soluble fiber?

Soluble fiber forms a gel when mixed with liquid, while insoluble fiber does not. Insoluble fiber passes through your digestive tract largely intact. Both types of fiber are important in the diet and provide benefits to the digestive system by helping to maintain regularity. Soluble fiber has some additional benefits to heart health.

What are some good sources of soluble fiber?

Soluble fiber is found in oats, peas, beans, certain fruits, and psyllium (pronounced sil'e-um). Psyllium is a grain that is found in some cereal products, in certain dietary supplements, and in certain bulk fiber laxatives. Read labels carefully to check for the addition of psyllium.

What are the benefits of soluble fiber?

In additional to the digestive system benefits mentioned above, soluble fiber has been scientifically proven to reduce blood cholesterol levels, which may help reduce your risk of heart disease. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration recently authorized food companies to use a health claim for soluble fiber from both psyllium and oats. For example, the new claim for psyllium states, "Soluble fiber from foods with psyllium husk, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease."

Top Bottom