Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fiber and fat intake question.

Ralph_Wiggum

Does fiber (both solubule and insolubule) obsorb fat (healthy oils like olive/peanut/fish/flax) so that it can't be
obsorbed by the body?

This would be like not taking in the fat in the first place obviously if this happened, so thats why I'm curious.

I don't think fiber has so much of a Xenical effect...

On the othert hand, why wouldn't you want to absorb flax and olive oil???

I think the key is just to restrict your consumption of bad fats and allow your body to enjoy the good ones...

Then you need not to worry about what fiber does with it... for me fiber is just a way of getting my system working "nice and easy" (if you know what I mean)

Pintoca

Ralph_Wiggum said:
Does fiber (both solubule and insolubule) obsorb fat (healthy oils like olive/peanut/fish/flax) so that it can't be
obsorbed by the body?

This would be like not taking in the fat in the first place obviously if this happened, so thats why I'm curious.
No

Well, I want my body to enjoy the benefits of as much of the good oils that it can utilize, therefore if fiber is going to signifigantly interfere, I'd like to know.

Here's my diet so I can show you where I'm going w/ this:

meal one:
A protien shake w/ one of the following:
- 1cup oatmeal made w/ milk and some healthy fats put in. (cinnamon and splenda).
-1cup grits w/ peanut oil instead of butter and water instead of milk.
- 1 cup fiberone flakes (not the pellets, a different kind but similar fiber/impact carb content)

regular meals (2-3 a day)
-3 to 5 ounces of meat, depending on the source..for baked chicken breast, I use 5 ounces for example.
-6-8 ounces of carbs, using one of the following depending on my tastes and/or time of the day: diced/baked potatoes+ketchup, brown rice+onion+soysauce, low carb wheat tortilla (for wraps), wheat bread, oat-based cereal like fiberone.
- tbsp of good oil (olive/peanut/flax) added into the meal one way or another.

post workout smoothie:
-2 scoops whey
-yogurt, banana, or other fruit.

pre-bed shake:
-2 scoops whey
-3 tbs of natty PB
-6-8oz milk

I am going to taper my calories down each week or two for this 8 week contest I am having w/ a friend by eliminating carbs and some fats from each meal. Each meal is 600 calories if I eat 5 meals in a given day, and 500 calories if I have 6 meals in that day since I am shooting for 3000 cals for the first week or two. I am going to bump down calories 200-400 calories for each phase that I knock them down (based off of the results I get..so if I don't need to lower them that much, I will only lower them 200, etc).

The reason I want to know about the fiber/fat absorption deal is b/c I would like to replace the milk in my pre-bed shake with some fiberone pellets (I call the cereal pellets b/c it looks like my rabbit's food) and 1 tbs of healthy fat or fish oil/EPA pills. I also eat fiberone to get to the desired amount of calories in some meals.

Top Bottom