Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A few drinks ( vodka / club soda ) on keto diet?

jet

I'm doing a no carb diet from monday thru friday. Last night I had 3 vodka and club sodas with my wife. The vodka contains no carbs ( 60 cals per ounce) and the club soda is like water.. So how bad di I f**K things up. Will this throw me out of ketosis?

I hae to tell you this but alcohal is a carb. In fact it's a very stong carb. It's breaks down into sugar. Since you didn't have that many you may still be in keto. Use a ketostick to check. If you don't have any go to a pharmacy and ask for them. There about $11.00 for 50

Mr. X proved to me that alcohol isn't good on a ketogenic diet. Some research by another friend proved the same.

However, in my own experiences, when I have vodka (with crystal light or diet snapple, hehe) I have been in a deeper state of ketosis the next day.

I'd go with the research though and not me and my isolated case :)

Dear jet,

here are the ingredients of Vodka, you read and suit for your-self if it would throw you out of ketosis:

Vodka, pure 95% (190 proof) ethyl alcohol, fromordinary table sugar, and baker's yeast.(1)

(1): R.Adams PhD "Vodka Ingredients" Alcohol and Effects(1991) 20: 11-15.

Can't say much more than the Bold letters did.

yes this has sugar... the only alcoholic drink that is ok on atkins is....

captain morgan and diet coke!

no carbs!

thanks for the input. The nutritional breakdown for vodka states 0 carbs, but I guess the alcohol converts to sugar?

coz.. Your not serious? Rum???

yes... believe it or not... captain morgan is a sugarless rum...

its the "gay man's drink" as its what they all drink to stay lean without sugar!

damn and i just thought i liked that combo....and i am not a gay man :)
someone at the gym told me to only drink vodka...
altho drinking nothing alcoholic is probably the better choice :)

C2H5OH, ethanol has about 7.1 calories per gram, it is a no, no on any diet, the body has to process the molecule and break it apart, (-OH) this makes it more difficult to burn carbs , so while on the diet stay away from booze

Top Bottom