Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feeling very flat, need carb up advice

Vascular Freak

I guess my carb cycling got a little out of control and I haven't had a high carb day for almost 2 weeks now. I trained back today and was very flat feeling, I did not get a real good pump.

It is now 8 pm and I am training in the am. I normally don't eat carbs after 4pm or so when dieting but I don't want to have another bad workout. I just got back from doing HIIT cardio, should I have some oats with chicken and broccolli or leave out the carbs until the am?

Tommorrow will be a high carb day for sure, should I wait till tomorrow or start adding carbs in now. If I am carb depleted, I can eat about 30 grams of carbs and go to bed and my body will not store any glycogen as fat correct, since my muscles are depleted?

Thanks for the help, I know its kind of a lame post, but something I always am confused with (meaning with the carbs at night).

Vascular Freak said:
I guess my carb cycling got a little out of control and I haven't had a high carb day for almost 2 weeks now. I trained back today and was very flat feeling, I did not get a real good pump.

It is now 8 pm and I am training in the am. I normally don't eat carbs after 4pm or so when dieting but I don't want to have another bad workout. I just got back from doing HIIT cardio, should I have some oats with chicken and broccolli or leave out the carbs until the am?

Tommorrow will be a high carb day for sure, should I wait till tomorrow or start adding carbs in now. If I am carb depleted, I can eat about 30 grams of carbs and go to bed and my body will not store any glycogen as fat correct, since my muscles are depleted?

Thanks for the help, I know its kind of a lame post, but something I always am confused with (meaning with the carbs at night).

Ok first things first. HIIT burns carbs and strictly carbs only, nothing else. Its extremely catabolic like weights pretty much if you arent careful on a keto diet. I do not believe you need to run keto in order to drop some fat, thats unneeded. Get your macros down, time them and enjoy the results.

Also training for a pump is rediculous because what does that mean? It means you have blood flowing to your muscles, ok fine but it doesnt mean you havent stimulated your CNS or hypertrophy.

If you are that flat 30g's of carbs won't even begin to have any effect. Eat about 700 grams tomorrow and you may fill out some. It sounds to me like you are extremely depleted. It will take time to fill you back out.

Vascular Freak said:
I know its kind of a lame post, but something I always am confused with (meaning with the carbs at night).

I won't be any help here but I'm with you, i've tried to understand it and watch how my body reacts to different diets but i still don't get it. If i drop carbs i want to sleep all day. and i've noticed if i have a big bowl of pasta for dinner i actually feel ripped the next morning. wierd.

hankes64 said:
Ok first things first. HIIT burns carbs and strictly carbs only, nothing else. Its extremely catabolic like weights pretty much if you arent careful on a keto diet. I do not believe you need to run keto in order to drop some fat, thats unneeded. Get your macros down, time them and enjoy the results.

Also training for a pump is rediculous because what does that mean? It means you have blood flowing to your muscles, ok fine but it doesnt mean you havent stimulated your CNS or hypertrophy.

I actually do train really heavy bro, but a good pump is definetly an indication that your body is rested, properly nourished, and targeting the muscle. Now training light and just for a pump on the other hand I would agree is non sense.

If you're on a low carb diet, you're going to feel flat. You should switch up to a bodyopus so you can have controlled refeeds, which will make you 'full' for your workout.

medrep said:
I won't be any help here but I'm with you, i've tried to understand it and watch how my body reacts to different diets but i still don't get it. If i drop carbs i want to sleep all day. and i've noticed if i have a big bowl of pasta for dinner i actually feel ripped the next morning. wierd.
It's called filling back out! Your completely flat and look horrible when you keep your carbs too low for too long. You have to have higher days to refill your glycogen and keep your metabolic hormones in the optimal range. I never have people go longer than 7 days, in most caes 3 or 4, without having atleast a moderately high carb day. The reason you look ripped the next morning is that you filled the muscle back up and it's pushing against the skin, you gain your fullness and vascularity back.

Nothing like carb depleting, then the night before hitting the beach.. eating 600g carbs, and a little red wine… you look AMAZING the next day… it’s great… :)

silverbackn said:
It's called filling back out! Your completely flat and look horrible when you keep your carbs too low for too long. You have to have higher days to refill your glycogen and keep your metabolic hormones in the optimal range. I never have people go longer than 7 days, in most caes 3 or 4, without having atleast a moderately high carb day. The reason you look ripped the next morning is that you filled the muscle back up and it's pushing against the skin, you gain your fullness and vascularity back.

well then i must be a 2-3 day guy. then whats the point of the carb depleting if your not going into ketosis? just to make sure your burning fat during cardio?

it doesnt work if i've been eating carbs, only when i've been depleting a few days then hit the pasta. should this just be cycled over and over?

Top Bottom