Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fats while on a cutting diet...

Peebs

I am on a cutting diet and I read a lot about how people will eat flax seed oil or peanut butter to get the neccesary fats. Aren't you already getting enough fat from all of the other food that you eat. In one day of eating oats, egg whites, chicken, potatos, and tuna, I am already getting around 20 grams of fat. Now I am trying to lower my body fat and get as lean as possible. Why would I need more fat? I am a little confused, can somebody shed a little light on this for me. Thanks...

------------------
"Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp." (Henry Rollins)

20 grams is not a lot of fat. Flax oil is a different type of fat. It is an essential fat that your body needs, I would add 1-2tbsp to your diet every day.

It takes fat to burn fat. If your body is not used to digesting and using fat as a fuel then it will hold on to what fat you have. So eat more fat like peanuts, flaxseed oil, a few egg yolks, etc.

Fat does not make you fat. Ketogenic diet would not work if this were not true. As Nathan insinuated, if you do not eat enough fat, your body will hold onto every pound you have in an attempt to stay alive (it thinks a famine is approaching). Make sure your diet consists of at least 20% of total calories from good fats.

Bad fats include saturated fats, hydrogenated oils, and trans-fatty acids (ie, margarine).

Good fats include olive oil, peanut oil, flaxseed oil, fish oil... those high in Omega 3 and 6. I wouldn't worry about supplementing oil, however. I know most on this board likes to use flax oil, but if you're eating peanut butter and fish once in a while, you're probably getting plenty. Personally, I eat a serving of PB a day, cook with olive oil, and eat lots of fish/tuna.

Originally posted by Nathan:
It takes fat to burn fat. If your body is not used to digesting and using fat as a fuel then it will hold on to what fat you have. So eat more fat like peanuts, flaxseed oil, a few egg yolks, etc.

Bingo...

i use to eat 60-65% calories carbs,10-15% fat ,and around 25 percent protein. Several months ago i switched to a diet somewhere in the range of 40/30/30 and i have gotten better results,i still am overweight,but not as much as before,i also feel this diet is more anabolic,less sedative, and and less fat storaging. It may be different for you.

[This message has been edited by chillin408 (edited April 05, 2001).]

Thanks for the help guys...I'm a little clearer on things now.

------------------
"Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp." (Henry Rollins)

Top Bottom