Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat loss - Round 2

Could possible be all of the above. I am not really a dieting guru, if I was I would be playing with my sixpack instead of these love handles. Might want to change up on what kind of cardio your doing, is it HIT or just like jogging?

When was your last refeed? I am starting to worry that I may mess up my metabolism. Any experts have opinions on this?

You are still with Triple Threat ? i think it is some protein powder (?), if so why don't you try to substitute it with some "real food"? i think it could work.
Also i do the same question as FarBeyondDriven: " when was your last refeed"?

Yeah... I use about 2-3 scoops of TT/day...

I think that very well maybe my main problem... to few calories/carbs for too long a time... gonna up the carbs a little for a couple days and see what happens...

SOEX said:
You guys mind if I join in your thread? Seems like a good motivator.:)

Welcome aboard man.

Cuts, doesn't TT have carbs in it? Don't know, I bought 3 tubs of the stuff and haven't really used it yet. I have shyed away from alot of protien powders here lately. I can buy some steak, tuna and chicken and eat good. But the powders come into play when bulking

Ok, I can give what stats I know, but I don't know my BF%.

I'm currently 24 Y/O, 5'11, and about 180lbs. I'd say my BF is around 20%. I've been dieting off of nothing but steak and air popped pop corn (protein drinks in there too). So far it's been working pretty well, just takes time.

I typically go to the gym 2 times a day, do 4 exorsizes with weights, and then do 15 minutes cardio with a heart rate at about 140-170. I also do some stretching and do abs every day in those gym visits.

From what I've been able to tell, my caloric intake has been about 1300 for this whole time, and it's been killing me I think. I've just changed my calories by adding some oats to my protein and also adding 10 little pretzels to each meal.

My meals look like this now -

8 am - 4 ounce steak with steak sauce

9 am - 10 little pretzel nibblers (sourdough!)

10am - protein drink with quick oats

12pm - 4 ounce steak with steak sauce

1 pm - 10 little pretzel nibblers

2 pm - protein drink with quick oats

4 pm - 4 ounce steak with steak sauce

5 pm - 10 little pretzel nibblers

6 pm - protein with quick oats

8 pm - 4 ounce steak with some air popped pop corn.

Sometiems a drink before bed, sometimes not...

According to my calculations, that's about 2100kcal now. Which should be better for me. All the carbs are good, no fat carbs. Just enough to get some glycogen in those muscles and keep my head on straight.

So total, I have -
44g fat
129 carbs (mostly from oats and pretzels)
227 protein

What do you guys think of that? Does that sound good?

With all my hopeful caloric expendatures I do, I should be burning way more than I'm taking in. I don't get cravings from food anymore, but now it's just me wishing time would go faster.

Good luck guys, after being 1.5 months into this diet, I'm hoping things will pick up a little with the addition of carbs. Going with steak only was starting to relaly hurt me, also the lack of calories were taking it's toll.

I've dropped some significant amount of body fat, but I'm still working on losing the fat around the abs and I also get fat pockets over my pecs that I have to lose. I'm going to keep doing this till christmas with Thanksgiving and Christmas as my cheat days. :)

I'll keep you guys posted. I track most of the things I do with www.fitday.com. It seems to help. :)

Some of you guys aren't eating enough.

Dieting is not about fat-loss!!!

Its about MUSCLE PRESERVATION.

Whi cares if you lose 10lbs of fat if you also lose 5lbs
of muscle.

By the time you reach your goal weight, maintaining that weight
is near next to impossible because of your muscle loss.

I'll join your thread. :)

I'm focusing on lean muscle gain/small fat loss.
As of this AM.

Stats: 193lbs
BF: 7.5%

And FYI everybody: Throw those Tanita bodyfat scales away.
They tested me with those and 16%!!! LOL

Calipers are better.

Fonz

Fonz,

Could I get your input on my current diet (not the one before I added the carbs)?

Thanks bud.

Fonz said:
Some of you guys aren't eating enough.

Dieting is not about fat-loss!!!

Its about MUSCLE PRESERVATION.

Whi cares if you lose 10lbs of fat if you also lose 5lbs
of muscle.

By the time you reach your goal weight, maintaining that weight
is near next to impossible because of your muscle loss.

I'll join your thread. :)

I'm focusing on lean muscle gain/small fat loss.
As of this AM.

Stats: 193lbs
BF: 7.5%

And FYI everybody: Throw those Tanita bodyfat scales away.
They tested me with those and 16%!!! LOL

Calipers are better.

Fonz

Hey Fonz! Long time no see bro :). Yup... you know me man... I've been trying to get that friggin 6-pack for 2 years now lol!

Fonz, I think you're right about losing fat while preserving muscle being the main goal... and if I was in your shoes at 7.5% bf (that is friggin awesome by the way), I would indeed be focusing on the same thing. But I've been screwing around a lot this summer... drinking and binging at McDonalds afterwards, and I am BLATANTLY FAT now. I'd estimate I'm at around 23% bf right now... and I just want to lose this fat IN A HURRY. I think I'll be able to put on LEAN MUSCLE afterwards... no more "bulking" cycles for me after this... just "lean mass" cycles.

So what's your formula for maximizing fat loss? Thanks bro...

Top Bottom