Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fat intake on ketosis

bigM

I dont mean to be a pain in the A$$ here.. but I am really confused..

I have been on a low cal diet for bout 2 weeks.. I have lost around 15 lbs.. but I also know that I am losing muscle also..

I want to start the keto diet...

but how many grams of fat should i eat per day?
my bmr is around 2700 so i should eat around 1500-2000 cals per day.

it says to get 65% of your cals from fat.. but how do you know.. i mean food has fat in it but it also has other things.. like protein etc...

just really confused.. i know this may seem stupid.. maybe im trying to hard to figure it out i dont know..

1500-2000 huh? Just for kicks lets say 1750. 65% of that is 1130. So you want about 1100 cals from fat and about 600 from protien. Get the book "complete book of food counts" It will tell you all you need to know about the contents of virtually any food. Also you can check the usda label. Don't forget to include any calories that you may get from supplemental oils. It is my opinion that this fat/protien ratio isnt that important. I just try to stay above 50% fat. But thats me not you. You gotta see what works best for you.:D

I know how much your should..

but how can you tell..

I mean if I eat a certain food.. 300 cals.. it has 7 g of fat and 5 g of protein.. do i count that as a fat % for the day or protein.. or divide them up?

1 gr. fat = from what i hear 9 cal.
1 gr. protien = 4 cal.
So if you ate somthing witih 7 gr. of fat and 5 gr. of protien that would be 63 cals from fat and 20 from protien for a total of 83 cals. this gives you a 75/25 ratio.

To make it easier you may want to forgit cals. and go with grams. At the ratio your shooting for with 1750 cal target, you are looking for 125 gr. of fat and 150 gr. of protien/ day.

I'm not trying to insult your math skills but mearly trying to draw a broad picture.

:sleeping:

thanks

Yes I know your nto trying to insult my math skills.. hehe

I asked for help or I wouldnt need it..

i can do all the figures.. you answered what I needed to know.. with the 1gr=so many cals

I had no idea how anyone was figuring it all up

thanks bro!

One more question...

Does cals come from any other sorce other then fat protein and carbs?

It sounds better to go by the gram vs the cal intake..

just wanna make sure I am not leaving any other cal sorce out when im doing all the calculating..

thanks in advance you have been a big help..

:D

To anyone else, If my 1gr. = so many cals is wrong please let me know. I'm sure its not concrete cause not all protien is the same and not all fat is the same. But I think that the numbers I gave are about average.:eek:

BigM sorry for the delay, You must have posted your last question while I was writing my last post.

Anyway, To be honest, I'm not fersure but there are only 4 major ones to my knowledge that add up enough to matter. Fat/Protien/Carbohydrates/Alcohol.:D

Ok,

thanks a lot for all of your help..

maybe when you have time you could pose your daily routine =P

lol

For now im gonna have fun digging into the hotwings ...

Im keeping a bottle of pain klrs with me in case the headaches start..

Top Bottom