Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat content question

PiperJennings

[FONT=&quot]when looking at fat content, should I just keep an eye on the saturated fat level. What about mono/poly unsaturated fats. Also, what do you guys think of pistachio nuts as a source of protein. I love em but there seems to be a v high fat content (doesn't say which type though)[/FONT]

natural fats are something Americans get zero of because there was a war on fat during the 80's where food companies started pushing sugary snacks

we still see commercials for low fat and zero fat. guess what they put in place of the fat? sugar

anyway most people even on this forum don't understand that fat is good for us. when you consume fat for example it actually does not illicit an insulin response in the body. if you have relatives who are type 2 diabetics you will notice their diets contain literally zero good fats and a ton of processed foods and sugar. that isn't a coincidence

so to answer your question the fat from raw nuts are excellent for you. go to town with avocado, fatty fish wild, unrefined cold pressed organic coconut oil, fats from steak, etc.

the one thing with pistachios however, and the reason i don't eat them is that they are tough to digest. so i stick to almonds as my go to nut. and of course the food companies put hydrogenated refined oils with nuts so you must buy organic raw nuts only or you are defeating the purpose.

if you take 1 serving of unrefined coconut oil it is 120 calories, out of that 120 calories, all 120 calories are fat! it is pure fat from nature. so cook with that and you will be golden. I don't count macros and you shouldn't either but people always want to know my macros and I boggle their mind when i tell them that 60-70% of my macros are actually fat.

and if you look at the people around the world who are the healthiest and live longest in the blue zones, most of their diet is also healthy fat. so don't listen to anyone who says fat is bad

[FONT=&quot]when looking at fat content, should I just keep an eye on the saturated fat level. What about mono/poly unsaturated fats. Also, what do you guys think of pistachio nuts as a source of protein. I love em but there seems to be a v high fat content (doesn't say which type though)[/FONT]
Nuts are fine to have, and the fat content is good as long as it fits into your macros go for it

Nuts are a great source of healthy fats. Just remember to not consume anything in excess.

Top Bottom