Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasting and fat loss

ALlaKRke

I'm currently 245 lb and I'm looking to figure out how to fast
I was reading about Kevin O'Leary, the guy from the show shark tank and he was saying how much he was able to lose weight because of fasting.
Can anyone give me some pointers and how much wait do you think I'll lose if I fast for 10 days

Stevesmi is the expert on fasting. I wouldn’t think you would just jump on a 10 day fast without working your way up to that. My guess is that you would want to start with a 24-48 hr fast then increase as your body gets used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

prolong fasting you need to know what you are doing, it can be dangerous if you fuck it up. that is why you see fasting resorts where people go so they can be monitored, it is like going to a detox clinic. a lot of times we eat out of habit or stressors from home life or work, so by getting away you eliminate that.

the main concern is the elevated heart rate and dehydration from fasting longer than 5 days. remember you are going to be pissing out way more fluids then you are taking in and you can get dehydrated very easily. the longest i've fasted is 19 days but i was monitoring myself daily very closely and i had done shorter fasts ahead of time. you can read about my long fasts on evolutionary.org where i have logs and articles on it

i would start with 24 hour fasting, then go to 36 hours. those are easy to do. then in the future do a 36 hour fast and if you feel good (being uncomfortable isn't a reason to stop a fast but dehydration and high HR that doesn't resolve itself is) then you can keep it going 1 day at a time. that is how you do a fast rather then saying 'hey i'm doing 10 days' and then apeing in.

also i know in fitness/bodybuilding everyone looks at the black/white weight loss aspect when it comes to EVERYTHING, but i never want someone to fast for weight loss. there are 100 benefits to fasting and those are the most important things and weight loss is #100 on the list. the benefits of fasting is you become more insulin sensitive so it makes it EASIER to lose fat in the future. so don't view fasting as a single event, the benefits go on and on

I'm currently 245 lb and I'm looking to figure out how to fast
I was reading about Kevin O'Leary, the guy from the show shark tank and he was saying how much he was able to lose weight because of fasting.
Can anyone give me some pointers and how much wait do you think I'll lose if I fast for 10 days

you can lose a lot of bodyfat fasting
but only to a point

start with intermittent fasting 16 hours no food, 8 hours food

Top Bottom