Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasting

When I was 15 I went on a fast (water only) for 24 days. After the 3rd day I was in heaven! Never felt better
in my life. I had boundless energy. Suddenly school was good, thinking was easy, doubts were quelled.
I'd still be on that dang fast if Nicki hadn't tempted me with a bowl of lime Jell-O :eek:)
I've never again been able to get up and over that 3rd day. But from all the negatives I've been read about
fasting/starvation in the medical community I'm not sure I care to any longer.

I have a question. Would doing 50mg Primo/per week while fasting stop or reduce the muscle loss?

Energy utilization
Human brain consumes 20% of calories,
heart 5%,
kidneys 10%,
liver and viscera 30%
With heavy exercise, muscle may consume 90% of calories

dmd said:
When I was 15 I went on a fast (water only) for 24 days. After the 3rd day I was in heaven! Never felt better
in my life. I had boundless energy. Suddenly school was good, thinking was easy, doubts were quelled.
I'd still be on that dang fast if Nicki hadn't tempted me with a bowl of lime Jell-O :eek:)
I've never again been able to get up and over that 3rd day. But from all the negatives I've been read about
fasting/starvation in the medical community I'm not sure I care to any longer.

I have a question. Would doing 50mg Primo/per week while fasting stop or reduce the muscle loss?

Energy utilization
Human brain consumes 20% of calories,
heart 5%,
kidneys 10%,
liver and viscera 30%
With heavy exercise, muscle may consume 90% of calories

50mg primo? hmmm, maybe if you're a woman that would barely be enough. But, for a guy I'd say no less then 200mg a week or it's pointless and a BIG waste of money.

Mr.X :cool:

Mr. X; Yes I'm a woman. And when I went up to 75mg Primo for two weeks my voice changed and all manner of gross sides popped up :( I've stopped completely in hopes to reverse the mess. Everything is sliding back to normal except my voice ....so far. I still hold out hope.

Down the road when I do start another run of Primo (50mg) I just might try one of those VLCD. Any recommendations? I've never gone on a "diet" before and find the myriad of weight loss advise confusing and contradictory. Being that your body adjusts / adapts so well, I don't see how to beat it. Some say your body adjusts / adapts after 3days, some say after just 10hrs! Which bring up the most important issue for me.
Reliable information. Where is it? Who can you believe? Do you have a source out here on the web for the FACTS? The real life studies done by independent (no vested interest) research. Is there such a thing or is every study funded by drug companies etc.?

Exercise seems to be the only real way to achieve fat loss, but I am walking/jogging every other AM 5.5miles per 53min. (can't seems to get any faster). Have for 5 months. Lost 2" in waist 1st month but nothing sense. I haven't made it to the gym as yet but I'm working on it. I'm what people call a recluse, a troglodyte :). There's a new label out that fits me to a tee, a social phobic. Last time I went to pay my annual dues at the gym I was shaking so bad I could barely fill out the bloody form or talk. It's embarrassing. But the only drugs they have
for this shit are downers of one kind or another. Methadone cures it! but no doc is willing to prescribe it for longer than 2 weeks. I was hoping the Primo would give me the boost I needed to get out there but no such luck. Is there an AS that will give one more energy and assertiveness/drive?

BTW I'm 5'5" 47y/o, last time I was weighed was over a yr. ago. I was 133lbs then. Have, I would guess, gained 10lbs possibly 15 in the intervening. Didn't mean to go on here but I did....sorry. So for your time & trouble I'll send you to some laughs http://www.weather.net/zarg/ZarPages/stevenWright.html

I fasted and liked it. It was for 2 days and I consumed juices and water (and Gatorade). I didn't do it for weight loss-I did it for a cleansing effect. I thought it was great.

This is my theory and you MFs can flame me if you want, but I'm correct-

Fasting is mostly psychological. Duh...

Seriously-Many athletes fast to cleanse their systems and begin refuelling with healthy food. Fasting probably isn't great for the body. Fine. It appears to be good for the mind; a placebo effect of sorts. I think that in some respects that it is fine for your body on a limited basis for very short time periods. It will be counterproductive if you are looking for size gains obviously. If you fast (just consume natural or close to natural liquids) for 48hours you will clean out your GI/liver/circulatory systems. Your body can subsist on liquids (there are plenty that are healthy food substitutes). This idea promotes a sense of cleansing and general well being amongst those who undertake it.

1) Obviously one should not fast completely (no liquids) on a regular basis or even more than twice a year (this number is completely arbitrary-but...??)
2) Obviously one shouldn't fast for weight/fat-loss reasons.
3) Obviously one should have the proper attitude approach-Fasting is a means of cleansing the body of impurities (physically and mentally).

IMO it is totally mental. I'm not a religious freak or anything but I dig the spirtual cleansing aspect. When I fast (all of 2 times in my life) I think of my body cleansing itself of impurities and I think of my mind cleansing the negative thoughts and preparing to undertake a new diet plan or training regime.

FHG

Hey bro i agree. Many doctors recommend people fast for 1 day every now and then (depends on your health how frequent).

I've heard of people even being cured of cancer and other diseases from fasting. The biggest one i've heard is the guy who lived off water for 5 days and got rid of his cancer. But there are many diseases that have stopped when people start fasting.

I've never done it because i'm a wuss at eating. I have to eat every 3 hours or i get big time pains in my stomach b/c i'm so used to eating so frequently. I can't imagine spending the whole day like that or even attempting to go to sleep like that! But for health reasons it does sound good.

three day fasts are AWESOME. 10 oz. distilled water w/1-2 tbs. Grade A or B maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, chayenne pepper for each meal (whenever you feel hungry) makes me feel like a million bucks. It's the MASTER CLEANSE....you've prob. heard of it.

Top Bottom