Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fasting

TipDrill

I've been reading about the lemonade diet, and it seems like a good idea for 10 days. The problem is I love to eat. Is fasting a really effective way of cleansing the body? Or is it more harmful than anything?

TipDrill said:
I've been reading about the lemonade diet, and it seems like a good idea for 10 days. The problem is I love to eat. Is fasting a really effective way of cleansing the body? Or is it more harmful than anything?
```````````````````````````

The lemonade diet??????? with sugar??????
The only thing you have for 10 days is lemonade????
That is way too extreme for me. And your doing it to cleans your body???WHat ever happened to a healthy diet, drinking lots of water, and exercising???
The problem with this is that after the 10 days, assuming you make it that long, your going to be soo hungry, you'll splurge, and before you know it, you've gained back everything plus some... IMO!!!

wow. at least its your honest reply. I meant doing the program entitled "The Master cleanse" It consists of a homebrew organic lemonade without the sugar to detox your body. I've never been on a colon cleansing type progogram, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I just wanted to know if the benefits outweight the negatives.

it's good if you've got a cold (to kick the snot out of you)for one day but I don't really think a 10 day "master fast" is ideal for anyone who spends calories like most participants on these boards.

i personally do not feel a prolong fast is safe
no health professional of any school (western, chinese, avuredyc, naturopath, homeopath, etc...) would condone it

living off sugars and citric acid for 10 days?!?
and for protien? where would your body find it's source?

there are some very extremem instances of hindus fasting for great periods of time but they do it for enlightenment
some have been known to stand on long leg for days
but why be so extreme

don't you like your body?
food is so good

any event be careful

here are excerpts from the book:

Tips:
Avoid heavy exercise during this fast. Light yoga, walking and gardening are excellent ways to stimulate your metabolism without straining your body.

Expect the greatest amount of hunger around the third day (this varies slightly according to your metabolism).

Warnings:

Pregnant women and children should not fast.

If you have diabetes, heart conditions, ulcerative colitis or epilepsy; if you are under 18 or under weight, if you are on medication, use extra caution when fasting.

If you have any questions or concerns, contact a physician or other health-care professional before fasting. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment

by the way i do condone a one day fast

but better to do a 7 day detox diet
and add lots of fiber to your diet
as we discussed at another time

wheat bran, oat bran and pysillium fiber are so cheap
no need to do an extreme thing like that fast

How to Know What to Expect During a Fast
Fasting is not necessarily easy. You'll need physical and psychological discipline to achieve results. A successful fast will give you clarity of mind, soundness of body, and a greater quality of life.

Steps:
1. Expect to feel anxiety in the days prior to the fast. Your mind will try to talk you out of fasting with all sorts of excuses. Avoid the temptation to eat a big "last supper" before you fast. Instead, eat lightly on the days before the fast to help prepare your body.

2. Realize that fasting will teach you a lot about your relationship with food and meals. In the first days of your fast you will feel out of place at meal times. People around you will be eating, going to restaurants and having food-related fun. You may feel left out. Take note of these things and realize the huge role food plays in the daily routines of people.

3. Counter you feelings of being left out by becoming involved in your fast. There are lots of things to do: make teas, take baths, skin brush, stretch, meditate, do yoga, take internal baths. Realize that this is time you have set aside to clean and repair your body - take it seriously.

4. Expect to feel impatient and irritable in the first two or three days of your fast. This is your body adjusting from using the food in your digestive tract (which remains for about three days) to consuming stored fats. Just imagine how rarely your body has a chance to eliminate these stored fats with you dumping three meals a day down your throat.

5. Realize that by the third day your mind and body will be conspiring against the fast to get you to stop. You will smell food cooking five blocks away. Enjoy the smell, but do not eat.

6. Expect to stop feeling hungry after three days. By this time your digestive tract is empty and your body has adjusted. If you are fasting properly, you should not feel any physical hunger for many days to come.

7. Understand that you may experience aches in certain parts of your body. This usually means that elimination of fatty tissue is taking place in that area of your body, which is not harmful. Lower back pain can be a symptom of dehydration, so make sure to keep hydrated. Any extensive or severe pain should be examined immediately.

8. Anticipate headaches, stomachaches and discomfort as a result of salt, sugar and caffeine withdrawal. Avoid these discomforts by tapering off these addictions in the days prior to your fast.

9. Expect changes in your bowel functions. You will have to aid your bowels to keep moving.

10. Expect to lose weight, but also expect to put it back on after the fast.

Top Bottom