Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

extra source of protein from protein bars?

dpart01

Ok looking to protein bars to make up one of my meals each day.

This is one particular bar that I find at a reasonable price

45g protein
14-15g fat
under 20g carbos

What Id like to know is when is it a decent time to consume one of these things?

Im on a relatively high protein diet (atleast by my standards, about 200+gms, not some of the psychos here :D) and just watch the fat/carbo intake and timing otherwise. Sticking to the good BB foods, egg whites, oatmeal, cereals, cans of tuna/salmon in water, turkey breast, lean meat, vegies, fish, low fat milk, low fat cottage cheese etc.

Eat fruit but not late.

Now Im trying to slip this protein bar in once a day, is it ok to have it before bed as my final meal? or better after workout? or before?

Im not real good at this diet thing just yet, but im trying. Always looking for advice.

i used to eat protein bars but have realized there are too many disadvantages to eating them to whole food, i ate them for convenience at school and theya re damn expensive too, if u are going to be home i dont think u should eat them. i have changed to eating with the reccomenddations of gymtimea nd anthrax 2 slices whole wheat bread, loads of deli turkey around 6 slices, and 1 milk. that comes out to around 30 carbs, 30 pro, 5 or so fat which would be much better than 14-15 grams of fat from protein bars which are terrible kind, prolly sat fat. also the carbs arent the greatest quality and neither is protein from protein bars,a nd on top of that they cost a tooon. i would go with real food.

Ditto on 110%. And bars are not filling at all. They make you likely to overeat and give you stomach/gas problems. Regular food tastes soooo much better.

Top Bottom