Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Extra lean beef or regular beef?

bonannon

I'm on my first cycle and I'd like to keep my diet pretty clean, but I'm planning on incorporating a lot of ground beef. Do you guys get the extra lean (5%-10% fat) or just the regular 20-25% fat beef?
The extra lean costs about twice as much, which will be it tough on me since I have to buy so much of it...but it seems like the regular beef will just have too much saturated fat (I planned on getting most of my fats from peanut butter and flax). Any thoughts?

Well, you might not wanna listen to me, but I think all this lowfat nonsense is exactly that, nonsense. I also don't buy the hype about saturated fat. I do think trans fats are bad, but you were born to eat natural fat. From what I can tell, what you want to avoid is sugar.

Don't you find it odd that now kids that are 12 years old are getting adult onset diabetes, when only a few years ago this was thought impossible? Don't you also find it odd, that only recently (the last 15 years or so) this lowfat craze has hit, corresponding with huge rises in Type II diabetes?

Oh well, I guess it's just me.

I agree the lowfat fad is BS. I'm trying to eat ~30% fat, with very little simple sugars and lots of complex carbs. I was just wondering how important it is to keep unsat fat high and sat fat low when on a cycle.

I would be eating the low fat beef, If you are looking to have fats in your diet they should be essential fatty acids, these will help you to stay lean & ensure that you are getting enough good fat, but eating excess fat is only going to make you fat. I have tried every way of eating to put on size & eating clean year round is the best way to build quality muscle, & it is easy as there are so many great low fat foods. Every one has there own way of doing things, but I would steering clear of anything over 15 % fat.

Guy

If you're deciding which to use from a cost standpoint I would still pick the lean beef. What I've noticed with the regular beef is that after you cook it and all the fat is drained out you have very little meat left. It shrinks to more than half its size. Extra lean beef doesn't shrink up as much when you cook it.

I agree with the avoidance of sugar. I think the fats you eat should be polyunsat's or better yet monounsat's. High EFA's, Omega's; Hemp Oil, Perilla Oil, Flax Oil all are excellent sources of the these.

Saturated fat is very bad for you. Even the so called lean beef has lots of it. With the elevated cholesterol levels you are already going to experience from a cycle, I'd avoid the fatty beef. M'kay.

This is a great discussion on lean or extra lean cuts of beef. If you do some google research on naturally raised beef you will see that when cattle are feed their natural food, grass, they produce much leaner beef products. Our ancestors raised cattle on grass, not grain and growth hormones. You will get more of the good stuff and less of the bad if you look to buy locally and naturally raised cattle. Google things like lean beef, pure lean beef or extra lean beef to find good choices.

I agree completely with wbfpacific, you can buy 99% lean ground beef online, grass fed, grass finished, without growth hormones, etc. Plus, it's delivered to your door...

Top Bottom