Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exactly why are hamburgers bad?

Udlosadeo

Why people say that hamburgers are a bad food? Isthere something especially bad in eating bread with meat, or there issome other reason? I just wonder about the food interaction, orbetter said, ingredient interaction, if this is the reason, or not.

burgers from a fast food joint are going to be loaded with oils and poor quality fatty patties. they also add condiments and bread on top.. a big mac has 550 calories, and the actual number is higher depending on how much oil is on the burger and how much ketchup you add . you are easily at 700 calories!

a healthier burger can be made at home

1/4th pound 95% grassfed beef
cooked in coconut spray or on the BBQ medium
lettuce instead of bread

you will be at 250 calories cooking a burger that way..

If you take a look at the ingredients list at most commercial frozen hamburger patties, the ingredient list is a mile long.

They add ingredients like bread crumbs to the ground beef as filler. Bread crumbs are obviously way cheaper then ground beef.

If you make your own hamburger patties with nothing but lean ground beef - that's a completely different story.

Steve gives you a really good recipe above. There are no food "interactions" but bread is just not a good option. Save the calories there and go with a good quality meat. The typical boxed burgers are filled with garbage. Check out the ingredients on some of them.

But Steve, how do you get the lettuce to hold together and not break down? The problem is that I like how these classical hamburgers with bread taste...without bread they are not the same. I guess that by making them at home I can at least minimize the issues. In any case, it is not like I cook them everyday...once or twice per month at most.

Top Bottom