Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Essential Fats w/ Insulin... Need some clarity!

bunkka

I've done all the searches and am pretty clear on all the "do's and don'ts" of insulin.

But, I'm unclear on the intake of essential fats such as Flax Seed or CLA during the 2 hour insulin activity window.

I'm trying to take only proteins and carbs during this two hours, but am wondering if it would be okay to mix in Flax Seed oil with my 1st full meal after the shot. Or... would that lead to the fat being deposited just as saturated fats would be.

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated!

I definitely would not add any fat- as you know you want to avoid all fat an hour or 2 before and for a few hours after the shot. If you want to add essential fatty acids do it while the slin is inactive.

I would avoid all fats period...if for some reason you need to eat fats and have a choice between say hydrogenated fats or essential fats then pick the EFs..

Avoid EFA's slightly before and during the insulin's activity. The insulin will probably shuttle that fat to adipose tissue just as easily as it shuttles carbs and protein to muscles. After the slin has cleared your body I bet you should use EFA's though. I've never done slin, but from everything I've read about it, it works to rush everything you eat to your cells, so I would stay away from any fat while the slin is active.

Top Bottom