Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

empty calories.. what are they and how do they affect blood sugar levels?

S

satchboogie

also...

do alcoholic drinks... beer, wine, hard liquor have these 'empty calories'?

much thanks in advance. karma your way.

well they are 'empty' because they contain very little nutrients, lead to blood sugar spikes and fat gain.

so, we're talking refined sugars, white flour and breads, cookies, soda, and fast food--no nutrient value. They tend to cause binge eating.

alcohol do contain alot of calories, so if you're cutting, I'd avoid them except for you're off days--I'd say they are empty.

:)

some hard liquor will have less carbs and overall calories. I think you body will not be able to burn fat while there is alcohol in your system because the alcohol has to be burnt up first...

senior was close

while your body is metabolizing alcohol, it can not metabolize fat, protein, or carbs... therefore the carbs from the alcohol will be stored as fat... Not to mention anything you may eat while the alcohol is metabolizing

However, not all alcohol has carbs. Neither will the carbs you eat before the alcohol necessarily become fat unless you go to sleep (pass out) and thus don't expend them. Also, your body expends even more energy working your liver to process the alcohol, so in some way it balances a little of the calories out. Yet with that said, alcohol is a waste....stop succumbing to societies' definition of a legal pleasure (like cigarretes) and if you need to have something to relax/party, experiment at your own risks. But always know what you are putting into your body.

Top Bottom