Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eggs....eggs....eggs

out_at_sea

Banned
What would be a safe amount of eggs that could be consumed on a daily basis without worrying about increasing our cholesterol?

Yolks included....

juve said I can eat whole eggs so I've been having 2 in my omelette with about 5 whites.. I am scared to go above 2 yolks but I would if I could. Haven't noticed any ill effects to date.

Good question.

There is little correlation between blood cholesterol anf food cholesterol

The pathologist Dr. Kurt Landé and the biochemist Dr. Warren Sperry at the Department of Forensic Medicine of New York University were the first to study that question (25). The year was 1936. To their surprise, they found absolutely no correlation between the amount of cholesterol in the blood and the degree of atherosclerosis in the arteries of a large number of individuals who had died violently. In age group after age group their diagrams looked like the starry sky.

So, you can eat 3 yolks a day (and as many whites as you want) w/o any worrying (unless you already have serious cholesterol problems)

That was an old study, but I guess not much has or can change.

I usually eat about 6 whites and 1-2 yokes

Anthrax said:
There is little correlation between blood cholesterol anf food cholesterol

The pathologist Dr. Kurt Landé and the biochemist Dr. Warren Sperry at the Department of Forensic Medicine of New York University were the first to study that question (25). The year was 1936. To their surprise, they found absolutely no correlation between the amount of cholesterol in the blood and the degree of atherosclerosis in the arteries of a large number of individuals who had died violently. In age group after age group their diagrams looked like the starry sky.

So, you can eat 3 yolks a day (and as many whites as you want) w/o any worrying (unless you already have serious cholesterol problems)

So , 3 yolks a day would be the cut off line?

I sometimes eat 5 or 6 yolks a day....

My cholesterol is good ...

out_at_sea said:
So , 3 yolks a day would be the cut off line?

I sometimes eat 5 or 6 yolks a day....

My cholesterol is good ...

5 or 6 yolks a day once in a while won't hurt

I wouldnt' eat 6 yolks a day 7/7 though

BTW, high GI carbs and saturated fats are far worse than yolks for your cholesterol

I eat 3 yolks and 3 egg whites Mon.-Frid.--I was thinking of just eating 4 whole eggs instead of 3 and 3-----should I stay with 3 and 3?

Egg beaters are great guys. The generic safeway ones taste just the same and they are really cheap. High protein 0 cholestorol.

I don't like to waste. I just eat 3 whole eggs a day. I get enough protein elsewhere. I'm 17. I doubt my cholestrol will be a problem when my friends devour Burger King, Hershey's, Pixie Stix, and soda all day though

Top Bottom