Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are egg whites a complete protein

justin lein

I was wondering if without the yoke egg whites contain al the essential components to be a full protein or it's ok to eat the yoke once in while.

interesting question and the science nerds will tell you a million things

a lot of guys are allergic to egg whites believe it or not, they just don't know it. in any event I eat the whole egg myself, some guys will say "no you should only eat the white"... i know a couple who are huge into fitness and 1 says yolk good, 1 says yolk bad. so really it boils down to individual opinion. obviously yolk contains more fats, calories than the whites.. seems to me like it would depend on your goal.. if you want to get as lean as possible then just do the whites.

I eat the yolks most of the time unless I am really cutting hard. There are really good fats and cholesterol that help to boost testosterone production.

Egg whites contain all 8 essential amino acids and are a complete protein source. The yolk gives the protein a better amino acid profile but egg whites by themselves are a complete protein source.

For a general rule, I like to include 1 whole egg for every 8 egg whites (1 cup).

1 egg + 1 cup of egg whites will give you about 35g of protein.

There is so much misconception when it comes to eating eggs. People are afraid of yolk because its high in fats. Do you know what it is high in as well? Thats right - PROTEIN.

And also so much beneficial microelements that you would be amazed.

Another big misconception is that people are afraid of cholesterol that a yolk has. The thing is, that is friendly cholesterol and it actually reduces the bad cholesterol in your body. Go figure.

Top Bottom