Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The effects of waking in the middle of the night for a snack

blood_drinker

I have been wanting to try this. Some people claim that they make up to 1lbs more in gains. Overhyped I know, but how much more do you think you can gain (or have you gained) by doing this? I realize that you should stay up as little as possible so you can get back to sleep with no problems.

If possible, I'd like to avoid "Theories" and get some personal experience. Also, if you are giving me pers. exp, give me some of your overall diet details.

SIDE NOTE: I don't want to have to shake something in the blender. I have a 2month old beagle sleeping next to kitchen that bawls all night if I wake him up. Just in case you recommend an MRP that is not instantized (sp). BTW, I dont have access to many of the fancy products you guys have. Just plain whey, and real food (including pb and cottage cheese).
Thanks in advance
bl00d

you probably already know this, but dan duchaine advised eating something high in carbs every 2 hours including the middle of the nite when on the 1st day of your carb up-of course, if you're not on a keto diet, this would not apply to you

Just pre-mix a protien shake before bed, and have it sitting by your bed. Wake, slam, drink some extra water, sleep.

SIDE NOTE: I don't want to have to shake something in the blender. I have a 2month old beagle sleeping next to kitchen that bawls all night if I wake him up. Just in case you recommend an MRP that is not instantized (sp). BTW, I dont have access to many of the fancy products you guys have. Just plain whey, and real food (including pb and cottage cheese).
Thanks in advance
bl00d [/B]

Have u consdiered sharing the shake with your beagle so he won't bawl? Actually, that would probably make it worse, disregard.

What humanshell recommended is good advice. Put your prepared meal in a leakproof container right by you bed and give it a couple of vigorous shakes just before downing it. Do this just after you get back from going to the bathroom (because as we all konw you should be drinking plenty of water to keep ya going all night long).

MS said:
What humanshell recommended is good advice. Put your prepared meal in a leakproof container right by you bed and give it a couple of vigorous shakes just before downing it. Do this just after you get back from going to the bathroom (because as we all konw you should be drinking plenty of water to keep ya going all night long).

I know I should try a slower digesting protein than whey, but so far that is all I can get. I can get casein for the same price as a gram of coke -something not in my budget. Could I go for cottage cheese (casein) you think? I really don't care much about the fat gain right now as I know im gonna get fat in the long run anyway. So, do you think eating fats or carbs would make a difference in building muscle overnight? Like a cottage cheese sandwich

Just mix it in a shaker like MS mentioned...or make it before bed like humanshell mentioned. Also, I would just mix it with skim milk. Milk is a slow digesting food. I would like to note that the whole point of eating a "really slow" meal before bed is to keep protein synthesis up while you are sleeping. On the contrary, because you are waking up in the middle of the night anyway (in a few hours after falling asleep/last meal), then you may not have to worry about the whole "long-term" digesting meals. I'm not recommending some high GI meal, but something moderate should do for both meals (including the one you have in the middle of the night since it will only be a few hours until you wake-up anyway).

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom