Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating when hungry vs eating every 3 hours? Bulking.

JustKeepGoing.

Hey guys I've got a question for ya. I've been trying to eat every 3 hours and have been following it as best I can even eating when I'm not hungry. The problem I seem to be having is when I eat when I'm not hungry it throws off the next meal and I don't eat as much then. So I'm wondering, is it okay to just eat when you are hungry when you're trying to gain weight?

And to clarify when I say gain weight I don't care if I put on a bit of fat here. I'm just a skinny guy haha I'd be okay with a bit of fat as strength and overall body weight is the goal.

Gotta force feed yourself and stretch your stomach out. It'll get easier. I was forcing the food in for a week or so now I'm hungry all the time

Like I get that but wouldn't stretching the stomach be easier if I waited until I was hungry, then overate and stretched it out vs just eating a little bit in spaced out meals?

A lot depends on what exactly your eating every 3 hrs. If you pig out on a meal full of junk, then chances are you won't be hungry for quite awhile. I know on my cheat days if I have pizza I don't feel like eating for quite awhile myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

meal timing is not near as important as many make it out to be. Make sure to get your calories in every day, don't worry too much about when they are - except that they should be post workout.

No we don't. I eat once per day and have no trouble gaining or losing weight - and keeping all my muscle. Meal timing is a myth (although we should eat post workout, I strongly believe).

The only meals that should be timed are pre workout and post workout.. only reason I say that is if you eat too soon before training or too close to training you could possibly get hungry during training or end up getting stomach issues..

But on the whole meal timing is pretty irrelevant

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

What's funny is that I could not envision training fasted. After getting used to it I almost can't imagine training with food in my system. Have hit several pr's in the last couple of months, while training fasted. I do sip on bcaa's prior to and after working out and that's it. I usually don't eat for several hours post workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom