Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating on the go?

Icculus

Hey all...

Just kicked off my new program (3 nights lifting, 3 off nights cardio) and am now trying to tackle my next issue...eating 5-6 times a day. In my job, I'm constantly travelling around and I'd need ideas for meals that I could eat in seconds and that don't need to be refridgerated...

Low GCI carbs and protein is one type I meal I need. Protein and fat (prolly flaxseed oil) for another. I don't wanna mix carbs and fat due to the insulin spikage.

Also, any kind of fast food ideas (like plain BK Broilers, etc) would be good as I'd like to take a break at prepping my meals, sometimes.

Let's hear yer ideas...

If you go to fast food places just order the 0.99 burgers...

When eating around school I would:
#1. Tupperware is your best friend
#2. Sandwiches keep well, eat lots.
#3. Macaroni salad, potato salad
#4. Fruits
#5. Nuts
#6. MR bars
#7. keep a thermos with either Choc. milk or protien.
#8. baked potatoes, premade with butter -keep in tin foil.
#9. Snickers... hehe why not every once and a while.

Peanuts are your friend. Pile 'em in cause they're great for ya. Do you use protein supplements or MRP's cause they can help you out a lot too. Good luck.

I've worked in restaurant before, and the only fast-food joint I would consider is Subway. They have whole-wheat sandwiches(6 inches), with about 40-50 g of carbs, and 17-20g of protein. You could also get double meat, and double the protein intake.

I heard that you're not supposed to pre-make protein shakes and that they should be consumed within 30 minutes of mixing with a liquid cuz' bacteria love the stuff. Is this true? Anyone out there pre-mix their protein drinks for the day?

Eating too fast will give you a tummy ache, heartburn, gas, or the hick ups. I take my sweet ole lil time when it's comes to eating.

------------------
I'm a bitch! So what! Deal with it! How long did it take for you to figure that out?

Originally posted by Icculus:
I heard that you're not supposed to pre-make protein shakes and that they should be consumed within 30 minutes of mixing with a liquid cuz' bacteria love the stuff. Is this true? Anyone out there pre-mix their protein drinks for the day?

I pre-mix my shakes and I've noticed if they are not cold, they tend to make me feel a little sick. That's why I add a shitload of ice cubes to the drinks.

Top Bottom