Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating to gain lean muscle for a 16 year old?

IceMan713

I'm almost done losing my fat(will be 55lbs when I'm done). And I want to start training/eating to gain muscle, but as lean muscle as possible, I don't want to just start getting fat again.

How many calories should I eat/day? And for protein I've heard 1g/lb of body weight, is this a good rule of thumb to go by? For reference I weigh 153 right now, and will weight about 140 when I start eating to gain weight again.

How much fat/carbs/protein % split should I eat/day as well? I have flaxseed oil, wheat bread, turkey burgers, turkey breast, skinless chicken breasts, peanut butter(natural), protein bars(270 cal, 22g protein, and 2 "impact" carbs), whey protein powder, and etc already, but I've noticed a few things on this board I didn't notice on another one I visited for advice.

Why should I eat bananas? and why Red fruits?(are grapes included?), and why blueberries?

Also, is there anything I'm forgetting to ask? Also, does anyone have any advice on how to keep muscle gain as lean as possible?

Pretty easy to do man.

Just multiply your BWx15
Thats your maintenence calories
add 300 calories on the days you workout.
Now add 300 more calories to gain muscle

Now to make sure you dont gain fat.
Remember this
Never carbs and fat in the same meal

You should be getting 0.7xyour bw in protein a day + 40 g's of healthy fat from fish or flax oil. And the remaining should be low glycemic carbs. Basically brown rice or quinoa. No white bread or whtie grains.

Thats for maintenece
To grow you should have a surplus of protein. So those remaining 300 calories should come from protein.

That easy.

L-carnitine
and
RALA

are excellent supplements for staying lean while building as well. These actually work too.

SlavikHavik said:
Remember this

Since when? You're saying peanut butter on whole wheat toast is unacceptable? Almonds in yogurt? I've never heard that before.

trojan1444 said:
Since when? You're saying peanut butter on whole wheat toast is unacceptable? Almonds in yogurt? I've never heard that before.

Since we knew about blood sugar and insulin.
Dont be an ass about it, clearly one thing of peanut butter on whole wheat toast isnt going to kill you.
Or almonds in yogurt :rolleyes:
Its a guideline.
Your also giving examples of fats i told him to eat specifically.

But go ahead eat peanutbutter on toast on a regular basis, tell me how shredded you look after a few months of that.

SlavikHavik said:
Pretty easy to do man.

Just multiply your BWx15
Thats your maintenence calories
add 300 calories on the days you workout.
Now add 300 more calories to gain muscle

Remember this

You should be getting 0.7xyour bw in protein a day + 40 g's of healthy fat from fish or flax oil. And the remaining should be low glycemic carbs. Basically brown rice or quinoa. No white bread or whtie grains.

Thats for maintenece
To grow you should have a surplus of protein. So those remaining 300 calories should come from protein.

That easy.

L-carnitine
and
RALA

are excellent supplements for staying lean while building as well. These actually work too.
So for maintenance eating, I do 105g of protein = 420cal, 40g of fat = 360 + 420cal = 780, so the remaining 1470calories should be low GI index carbs? 367g.
19%protein/16%fat/65% carbs?

Do I add those 300 calories to gain muscle on days I workout, or everyday?

IceMan713 said:
So for maintenance eating, I do 105g of protein = 420cal, 40g of fat = 360 + 420cal = 780, so the remaining 1470calories should be low GI index carbs? 367g.
19%protein/16%fat/65% carbs?

Yeah you should go over maintenence everyday with protein.
So remember to take in 600 extra cals (300 carbs, 300 protein) on workout days
and 300 extra cals on non workout days (300 protein)

Top Bottom