Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating a full 250 grams of protein per day

tomilenso!

is 250 mg of protein enough protein for somebody trying to bulk I'm only 140lbs, 5'8" My other question is those 250 grams come from both food and shakes shakes. I have been reading about high protein diets being hard on your kidneys.

As long as your water intake is high, your kidney will be ok.
250g should be plenty with you being only 140lbs. Hell maybe too much lol. What is your carb intake? That is what will make you grow. You can't neglect it.
Also I would get most of your protein from whole food. My opinion is two shakes a day is ok. Average shake has between 25-30g protein. So 50-60g from shakes.
You have people like Marc Lobliner who thinks that protein is protein. That guy takes just as much supplements as whole food. Which that may be the case lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a good video for you to watch: http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html
I explain how to calculate your daily calorie, protein, fat and carb needs based on your goals.

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight for natural athletes
1.5-2grams of protein/pound of body weight for enhance athletes
*The protein intake is your total protein intake. You count protein from both whole food sources and protein supplements*

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

250 grams of protein is more than enough for your size, trust me. What you need to be focusing on is carbs and healthy fats

dude that is more than enough. don't believe the BS that you have to get some crazy amount of protein per day to build muscle. yes you need protein but there is zero evidence that you need the crazy amounts like 400 or 500g a day like the supplement companies want you to think

what you need most now is a good training program. you little guys should hop on 5X5, you will put on muscle mass doing that for the first couple years of training.

Remember that you need carbs and fat as well, not just protein. 250g is more than enough. I would say you want to hit 150g minimum and any more in moderation is bonus. Carbs are very important for bulking though too.

250 grams of protein are more than enough for good growth. However, you should not forget about carbs and healthy fats, since this all works like a music band, where everything matters.

Top Bottom