Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating enough food yet ?

buffchic69

Hi.

I've been told to build muscle I need to eat more food. This is what I ate yesterday. Gonna keep asking the same food intake questions until I hear I'm eating right for the results I'm looking for.

but desperately want muscle gains. So here goes:

7am- protein shake, 1 oz. almonds, 1 tbsp. peanut butter. (eating in the car.)
10am- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites
1pm-can of tuna, 1 cup green beans
4pm- 4 oz. chicken, 1 cup vegetarian baked beans
7pm- 3oz. roast beef, salad with olive oil & vinegar
10pm- protein shake, 1 oz almonds. ( or protein pudding )

11pm- bedtime !!!

Please tell me if anything I need to alter, change, or omit anything ?

Thanks ;)

What's the break down of protein, carbs, and fat %s?

And huney, I don't want to come off rude, but you need to stop asking the questions and start reading the ANSWERS. I noticed that many women on here have given you advice, yet you don't take it but you ask the same question again.

I know you want muscle you have to be patient you aren't going to build muscle in a week's time. You need to find what works for you. Pick a diet and stick to it for about 6 weeks, see what your results are and adjust from there.

Good luck

Just eyeballing the food schedule, it looks ok. Like above, you gotta try it and give it a chance. The idea is to eat to fuel your growth. Say after a week of training like a mutherfucker & following this diet, do you feel drained? Are your lifting sessions strong? Are you able to sleep well? Do you feel tired or listless during the day? If any of that, start by upping the carbs a little. You can increase your carbs on the days you train (and lower on cardio or off days) by adding say 3-4 oz yam or brown rice at meal 4. Any diet needs to be tweaked to meet your goals within the context of your lifestyle, and its not a fast process because it takes time to see how it all fits together.

Give it a shot for a week. Since you want to build muscle, you are going to be looking to eat a little more than if you were looking to cut bodyfat so don't be afraid to eat. If you are exausted after training or feel flaky during the day you are probably low on carbs so that's the first place I'd start. You can even supplement more by keeping roughly the same calories each day, but on the days you are increasing your carbs (on heavy training days) you can add the equivalent amount of calories in fats for the off days.

Nobody can telll you for sure if that amount of carbs is enough. Every body is different - we don't know your workout intensity, your daily routines, your body's metabolism.

The only way you can figure out if what you are eating is enough or you need changes is by doing wat Sassy said..... carefully watch how you feel. Adjust food intake by how you feel.

If you are feeling sluggish and your workouts suffer, add more carbs.

People tell you to eat more because you complain about lack of gains - this is a sign of a poorly designed diet. You were not eating enough. If your diet gives you the appropriate number of calories and food content, you should start seeing results.

Be patient. Try one thing for a couple weeks, then re-evaluate. Building noticeable muscle can take months and months. Do not expect that as soon as you change something it will happen overnight.

Changing your body can take years of trial and error. There are so many variables to change - food intake, macronutrient percentages, workouts (weights and/or cardio), workout or food timing, sleep amounts, water intake, stress levels, supplementation, etc. All these things can be manipulated to bring results. It takes time, it takes patience, it takes determination.

Top Bottom