Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is eating cold rice healthier?

GrEg Ny

I'm a rice lover and I eat every single day for lunch, I know this a killer food to gain weight but brown rice taste awful to me, I was watching a video about eating white rice doesn't make you gain as much as eating it hot due that glucose can be absorb faster and in bigger quantitys by your body when it's hot, what are your thoughts in this boys, thanks.

When you refrigerate cooked grains, some of the starch becomes resistant starch (a form of fiber) that is resistant to digestion. So what you are saying is actually true. Your body will absorb less of the carbs in cold rice verses hot rice.

In a real world sense, it probably won't make enough of a different to actually change body composition but if you like the taste of cold rice just as much as hot rice, it won't hurt.

Very weird. Honestly white rice and brown rice are not that different. It is all about portion control. In some cases white is better because brown rice can actually block the absorption of some other nutrients.

Top Bottom