Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating carbs at night

mahmoud.ali

Hi, I have a very fast metabolism and I have tried a few diets but without success, some nutritionist say eating carbs late at night make people gain weight and I wonder if that could be an option for my case, consume a good qty of carbs before bed, thoughts on this please.

Hi, I have a very fast metabolism and I have tried a few diets but without success, some nutritionist say eating carbs late at night make people gain weight and I wonder if that could be an option for my case, consume a good qty of carbs before bed, thoughts on this please.

there seems to be this new trend of eating carbs at night. I've tried it recently with success. I think this ubiquitous idea :

"dinner/night eating-
For a dinner that will help you better control your blood sugar in the morning, try pairing a low glycemic carb like lentils, black beans, sweet potatoes or your favorite green vegetable with a lean protein, such as chicken breast, lean beef or salmon."

is maybe not so important as daily macros are the more important measure. it seems the old adage that your metabolism slows when sleeping is not really true, at least it doesn't slow enough to matter.

but a recent study backs up what a Russian coach (forget the name / reference practices :

"The right time for eating carbohydrates is at night when the muscle is no longer insulin resistant like it is directly after training. For effective glycogen loading, eat slow-releasing complex carbs from whole plants the night before training or competition. Ideal sources are corn, quinoa and oatmeal."

But I even read a study claiming the fast / slow releasing carbs is a myth. carbs are carbs.

here's another trainer's opinion :

"When fat loss is the goal, keep your carbs clean and limit them to dinner time or post-workout, whatever feels best for your body."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are looking to gain weight you need to be in a calorie surplus everyday consistently. waking up at night to eat something is a good way to add more calories so that is actually a good idea.

the biggest mistake skinny dudes make is they go long periods with no food and they don't eat enough or consistently. you can't eat 3000 calories on monday then on tuesday eat 1500 calories and make any progress.

I think it would be very beneficial for you to track calories. The key is going to be consistency so you want to make sure you are in a caloric surplus every single day. If you want to gain, you have to eat!!!

What really matters is how much you eat at the end of each day. When you eat your food doesn't really matter.

If you want to gain weight, you need to be in a calorie surplus each day.

Check out this video I made on how to calculate your calorie, protein, carb and fat needs -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18.

Top Bottom