Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating big cheap

DaWickedMoor

a wee bit of a weird question here, whats the cheapest and best way to get CHEAP food to bulk up? i need 3500-5000 calories a day, but am on a student's budget, my pal said to try MREs (military food) as they are high in calories, but they taste nasty, a little better than jail food, but alot worse than fast food....any ideas?

Hey. I'm a student too so I can sympathize. The cheapest foods are (and this is pretty dirt cheap): unsalted peanuts (from bulk section), eggs, oatmeal, kidney beans (it's a pain but you can buy a big bag and make 'em yourself), rice. I buy tuna too, which itsn't too bad. If you buy everything in the biggest bags they have you're all set.

Best advice I can think of is to probably buy at Sam's Club or a similar store, where you can purchase in bulk. They sell those really large tuna cans, bulk chicken breasts, lean ground meat from turkey or beef, and the list goes on. I personally get most of my protein from powders. Overall it's much cheaper to buy a few giant tubs of protein powder than trying to meet you requirements with whole food. Naturally, whole food taste much better.

I'll agree with the wholesale warehouse...You can buy a ton of stuff cheap....and it last's a while

Do you have the old brown bags on the new baige bags of MRE's? Where do you get your's from? If it's free, get use to the taste. I think they taste ok.

Top Bottom